Sign in to follow this  
Lisajb

Something nice to report!

Hi everyone, its been a while, haven't had anything to say of late, but now I've some news.

Chris has taken all his exams so now we just await with bated breath the results.

He has also won second prize in a local young inventors award so I'm really proud of him! :dance:

I'm so pleased!

Hope everyone's well and happy

Lisa

:thumbs: Big well done for getting through the exams

:clap: And very well done on the award thats brilliant I bet you are very very proud

Congrats all round, and nice to have you back onboard but...

2nd Prize in a young inventors competition? You can't just type something like that and leave it hanging! WHAT did he invent, and WHAT came first? Better not be the self-tensioning bicycle clip/sat.nav.syst/MP3 player I've been working on, or the automatic radio (switches itself off when Robbie Williams comes on)/Onion-without tears-omatic... Sadly I was beaten to the 'finglonger' by Matt Groening's futurama writers!

L&P

BD :D

Hi all

Nice to be back!

I'm going around with a warm satisfied glow and Chris is pretty pleased as well - especially with the thirty quid he got for second prize. Some of the teachers came up to see the prize giving and one is making noises about the young engineers contest now! :clap:

He invented a portable smoke alarm, with noises and lights, noises, he said for blind people and lights for the deaf and hard of hearing. I can't remember what came first - I will have to ask Chris later and report back.

Keep going with the Onion-without-tears-omatic Bad - when you've done it, I want one! :thumbs:

Take care all

Lisa

keep going with the Onion-without-tears-omatic Bad - when you've done it, I want one! :thumbs:

Take care all

Lisa

Peel it underwater, or wear sunglasses - Jack Hargreaves, "HOW?", 1976...

Also, if you blacken an egg with candle soot then drop it in a glass of water it looks like it's made out of GOLD... I think that was Fred Dineage :lol:

Seriously, well done, Chris, and hope (am sure) the exam results will be top rate.

L&P

BD

PS: Did you know that the Portable Smoke your alarm detects was invented by Alfred Nobels' little brother Boris? It was a spin off from his research into static smog.. ;)