Sign in to follow this  
Goldenben

I have so much to give but too often i feel trapped in the same cycle

Well after i lost most of my friends for various reasons things have just been like the same old cycle over and over again day after day. The thing is most of the time i actually enjoy going out but very rarely do so anymore. I remember a time before being in this rut when i was enjoying life much more than now and going out fairly regularly and pursuing interests. Never before this last 5 years did i ever consciously think i had problems, even though i was diagnosed when i was 13, but i had some traumatic experiences and i'm guessing that just made the aspergers worse maybe.

It just seems once you've fallen into a hole it's insanely hard to get out of it. Frustration eats away at me as i'm desperate to make something with my life but for instance job hunting is ridiculous as i just apply apply and apply and don't hear anything.

I have pride and determination but it just breaks me when i can't put it all into practice.

You're a better man than I. I've been in that rut/hole for 4 years now - the difference is I don't even try to get out of it, and I don't even care. :blink:

Edited by Gordie

what sort of jobs do you apply for? Do they meet your interests? Like sport and music? Would your job centre be able to help you? Yes you have a lot to give.I know its frustrating trying to find and apply for jobs,partiucarly with the job market as it is now,be positive and about yourself and do not give up.

It's such a difficult time for anyone to be looking for work. Try not to take it personally - easier said than done, I know!

Is there any chance you might be able to get some voluntary work? It might get you out of the house, mixing with others, and also look good on a CV to have some recent work experience.

You're a better man than I. I've been in that rut/hole for 4 years now - the difference is I don't even try to get out of it, and I don't even care. :blink:

Yes and i know exactly how you feel as i didn't see any point trying (When my depression was bad) I have an attittude basically screw the world now, if someone can't take me for me then screw em.

There is hope but we just have to fight hard for it

It's such a difficult time for anyone to be looking for work. Try not to take it personally - easier said than done, I know!

Is there any chance you might be able to get some voluntary work? It might get you out of the house, mixing with others, and also look good on a CV to have some recent work experience.

Yeh i totally agree that it's hard ATM and i'm just gonna try and be as patient as i can be.

I'm sure ONCE i find a good role i'll probably excel quite well,as i've always had praise doing the jobs i feel comfortable in, but i've had probs working out of my comfort zone in the past.

@ Sesley : I'm looking for any sort of call centre/customer service job as i've always done well in them but incoming call centres get 100's of applicants every time. And i'm passionate about sport and music, i write poems/lyrics in my spare time.

And regarding voluntary work i'd deffinitely be interested in doing it, infact i went to start at a kennels looking after and walkings dogs but it would cost me a fair bit of money to get there and was quite a distance away. Will keep looking though, ain't giving up yet!

Edited by Goldenben