Sign in to follow this  
nellie

It?s official my son has AS.

Hi folks,

My son (24) had his assessment last Wednesday. We received the report this morning, which gives a diagnosis of AS. He?s pleased he went for the assessment and agrees with the diagnosis.

I knew he was adorable before, now I know he?s an adorable Aspie. ;)

Nellie xx

I just discovered Steven Speilberg has an AS diagnosis!

I think facial hair seems to be a common theme among adult male Aspies. Bill Gates certainly looks like he shaves a lot judging from how his face looks in pictures. Horay for beards!

Nellie,

I know that your son had previously been somewhat apprehensive about going down the assessment route, I hope he's OK after receiving his dx >:D<<'>

My very best wishes to him and to you, his wonderful mum >:D<<'> >:D<<'> :notworthy:

Guest flutter

I am pleased if that is the right word to use

he is a lucky lad to have such a good ma

C x >:D<<'>

Oooh - he's joined the club then. ;) Cool ... :thumbs:

James

Oh Wise One

Saying I am pleased for you sounds too bizarre.

But we know that things will make sense and this dx somehow enables everyone to move on a little.

Love and very best wishes

I have missed you

Love

HelenL

I am pleased for you all that you finally know. At least now you go forward with knowing and not wondering?

Regards

Carole

I'm really glad for you and hope the diagnosis makes life better for you both. :D

I hope you don't mind me asking though - why has it taken so long for the diagnosis to come?

I thought Chris was late at 7yrs. :blink:

Faz

Nellie

I know you have been waiting for this for a long while. There must be a lot of mixed feelings at the moment.

I hope it means youget the help you need.

Simon

hi nellie so pleased for you and your son hope the diagnosis helps there was me bleating bout my 2 being nearly 9 and your son has to wait to be grown up to get his diagnosis cant complain really can i once again hope this helps you like you have helped everybody on this forum with you friendly advice and answers to us told you before nellie i always thought all the angels were in heaven till i came in contact with you keep smilin luv karin xx

Nellie hope your O.k. and your son is too, glad you,ve now got the DX >:D<<'> >:D<<'> , one for you one for son.Will he be joining up with the Krismites?....or will he let all your secrets out ?..... :D

I hope you don't mind me asking though - why has it taken so long for the diagnosis to come?

I thought Chris was late at 7yrs. :blink:

I wasn't diagnosed until aged 20 (I'm now 24). You got your son's diagnosis comparatively early, compared to many. (Not that it's a competition, mind!)

James

Nellie,

I'm really glad that your son got his diagnosis and I hope that all your family are ok and don't have too many mixed feelings. I hope that this diagnosis will help to make things easier for you all in the future.

Hi Nellie,

I hope this news brings peace of mind for you and your son. Thanks for sharing it with us,

K

Thank you all for your kind words and support, I'm touched. :wub:

Everything is going well. I think we all started making adjustments some time ago......it's just great to have it rubber stamped. :thumbs: My son suffers from depression, a diagnosis will hopefully get him better understanding from health. :pray:

Sorry folks, but I don't think he will be interested in being a Krismite, one in the household is more than enough! :D

Faz,

No, I don't mind you asking why he has such a late diagnosis. Things started to go wrong at the time of his A levels, but it wasn't until a few years ago that we thought he may have AS. We have been waiting for him to 'catch up' and we were very lucky to get a reasonably quick diagnosis. His older brother was diagnosed with autism at 19 and his father with AS at 52.

Nellie xx