Sign in to follow this  
hollymg

Products and other Resources?

Just read about a store 10 hours away specializing in autism and other disability paraphernalia, and was curious about what kind of items they would have. What products do you find useful and where do you find them, and what do you wish you could find?

The only example I can think of in our life is the never-ending quest for soft long-sleeved tshirts and comfortable socks. I've solved the shirt problem at the moment with LLBean, and finally got him in sandals for the summer LOL. Saw some seamless socks online but they were very pricey plus had expensive shipping charges so I haven't tried them.

I remember a year or so ago I thought a sand timer might help with some things, but again when I found it online in one store the shipping was a killer and we found another way...

I found a great resource the other night it's called a time timer. It is a clock that show the coundt down of time eg if a taks takes 20 min you can set it for 20 min and the child can visually watch the 20 min pass. It helps with organisation, and sense of passing of time . A little expensive but you can buy different sizes from

Autism independent UK formerly.