Sign in to follow this  
Mumble

Ooops

:oops: :oops: When on another site, I accidentally hit one of the 'F' keys whilst typing and the bit at the top with your tabs and the bit at the bottom of the screen with all the buttons, clock etc all disappeared. I've got some of the top bit back, I'd somehow made some of it autohide, but I can't get it all back and I can't get the bottom back at all (it's there when I close IE, it just doesn't display when using IE - still there with other programmes, e.g. Word). Anyone know how to get the bottom bar back? :unsure:

:oops: :oops: When on another site, I accidentally hit one of the 'F' keys whilst typing and the bit at the top with your tabs and the bit at the bottom of the screen with all the buttons, clock etc all disappeared. I've got some of the top bit back, I'd somehow made some of it autohide, but I can't get it all back and I can't get the bottom back at all (it's there when I close IE, it just doesn't display when using IE - still there with other programmes, e.g. Word). Anyone know how to get the bottom bar back? :unsure:

Go back to the desktop so you can see the bottom bar. Right click it to open 'properties' in the 'taskbar' dialogue box tick 'always on top of other widows' (or untick 'autohide the taskbar' if you've hidden it that way)...

that should see you right...

:D

Go back to the desktop so you can see the bottom bar. Right click it to open 'properties' in the 'taskbar' dialogue box tick 'always on top of other widows' (or untick 'autohide the taskbar' if you've hidden it that way)...

that should see you right...

:D

Didn't work :( So I took the female option :D Went along the top row pressing every F key in turn and pressing it again if it did something I didn't like. Turns out I needed F11... not really sure of the purpose of that function other than to scare dimwits like myself. :lol: :lol:

The purpose of this function is to give you more space on the screen, depending on what you are doing it might mean less srolling up and down. I use it all the time.

When I go on my wifes computer, she has so many task bars open, only about half the screen is free to use.

Edited by chris54