Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lya of the Nox

need advice

Guest flutter

daughter is getting lots of verbal from a kid at school

i really dont know how to do deal with it, she is gettg agressive again, tried to put feet through bathroom door,

i am apprehensive again, will she lump kid at school, or will i get it all?

any ideas

We have a similar situation at the moment.My son was being wound up verbally and kicked.I went into school and explained my worries that my son was getting agitated and could,nt handle the abuse.They listened but the next day he ended up trying to throttle this child.I was horrified......I was annoyed that a situation had occured where my son became so wound up he did this.My son was punished and kept in next break.The other child was also disciplined aswell.Going into school and warning them of this situation helped as I think my son would have been in more trouble other wise.I now keep a diary and write down his moods behaviour etc and any grievances he has with people at school.I share the diary with his Teacher and she writes what happens at school.This way we can hopefully nip any problems in the bud before he gets so wound-up and does someone some harm.It also means any potential "bullies", can also be watched as it isn,t all down too my son! I would definitely go into school and make them aware of the problems your daughter is having ,you could try the diary thing with the teacher , then should any problems arise you have evidence that the school new what was happening....Good luck.

Guest flutter

thanks Suze

bless her she went and told head, ( one of her peeps she seems to trust)

and they are going to sort out today, dunno how but there u go.

head did see how stressed she was also, so am pleased bout that too

Cx

SO GROWN UP OF HER ! I hope the head listens to her worries and takes her seriously.Still go in and tell the head the effect this verbal abuse has had on her at home. Good luck Flutter.

Guest flutter

well yesterday went ok apperently

head had a word with the girls,

then we had speech and language assessment

today though "best friend" has decamped, cant blame her really, who wants to be with someone no-one else does,

so now we are not going to school tomorrow, :wallbash:

i am way to tired for all of this :(

Hi Flutter,

I agree with suze, keep a diary and tell the school about all of your concerns. Tell them how you anticipate her to react to such incidents, then they can't throw it all back at you.

I have just started to do so myself and write letters to the teacher after an incident, explaining what I have done at home, and in addition, I add suggestions on how they could maybe avoid future incidents happening in school.

The last one, occured in a queue ( were he seems to have many problems with other children) so I suggested that they didn't in future leave him without full supervision in a queue.

Hope the head manages to nip the bullying in the bud, before it gets out of hand and your daughter is feeling better soon.

Take care, tizz