Sign in to follow this  
Tylers-mum

Vent underway.

OK, had to vent somewhere and chose here!!

Had a VERY bad day with Tyler today, first off he refused to go into school and played me off against his 1-2-1 helper and vise versa, in the end I had to walk away and leave her to deal with him (or rather hide around the corner where he couldn't see me). He normally goes into school fine. Then when I collected him for dinner, his helper said he had been fine but did have the ab jabs on him today. Brought him home for dinner and my sister was here with her baby daughter. I desperately needed a new lawn mower as I cut the others cable clean in half yesterday whilst mowing the back garden! Grrr!!! As I have no means of transport, my sister offered to take me in the car to get it (this mower is huge and no way could I carry it on a bus). Fine I thought, Tyler would only miss out on 1hr of school (return at 1.20pm and collect again at 2.30pm) sooo, I asked Tyler if he wanted to go in the car with us to the shop with my niece who he dotes on. Yes, he replied so I calls the school to inform his helper that he won't be in and the reasons why. She said it was fine. Then he decides he wants to go to school and for the next 20mins, had the worst meltdown I have ever seen in my life!! He wanted to go back to school and nothing i could do or say would persuade him otherwise. My sister and I are stressed out BIGTIME by this stage, my sister had fed her daughter earlier so to be back intime for her next feed but ohh no, Tyler wanted to go to school so I gave in and told him (in no uncertain terms) to go put his shoes on whilst I called his helper to tell her that Tyler was now going into school. Tyler was happy to be going to school. (Routine and structure he thrives on). Half way to school he changes his mind AGAIN but I an't letting up this time but he had other plans, decided to make a run for it back home. I had to physically take him to school and by the time I was there, he was screaming blue murder. Had a lot of teachers and students in shock whilst the look on my face said it all! (the stay away from me look!) His helper appears and tries he distraction technique, no joy, then she tries the hand holding technique but he pulls himself free and runs it down a corridor, through the main school hall and out the main enterance to go back home. I collared him and handed him back to his helper who later informed me that it took him 20mins to calm down but was then fine, as though nothing had happened.

On collecting him, he was fine, normal etc and there's me - still reeling with anger and disbelief.

Then I go to Asda b/c I need somethings with my sister (which is close by) and off he kicks again b/c he can't have this and he can't have this.

Sooo, all in all, it's been a great day!! <NOT!!!>

Roll on tomorrow eh!!

Edited by Tylers-mum

Nothing I can add really, we all have those really bad days from time to time.

All I can offer is a couple of these :wine::wine: and one of these >:D<<'>

Simon