Sign in to follow this  
Calsdad

Waterproof mattresses

Hi all,

It has been a long time since I have posted on the forum, my son and myself have been through several school hoops and I am glad to say he is quite settled at the moment (at the moment) but my reason for this post is that I have for many years since my son was around 3 been struggling with toileting or rather his lack of the proper use of it, he wees in his bed daily and several times per night. One of the practical tools i use is obviously a waterproof mattress, but for many years I have been using hospital style rubber covered foam mattresses which tbh are not much use! He always picks at them and opens them up very easily while fiddling in the night.

Well, I own a furniture business and had not been able to find anything better until recently, I have found a company in the UK that produces waterproof mattresses I've had one on callums bed now for a month and it is as good as new and more importantly still waterproof! The covering on it is not rubber and is backed with a fabric that I doubt he will be able to rip and best of all it is sprung not foam! Anyway, to the point.... I have already offered these to local asd parents and want to do the same for anyone that is in need of one nationally, I can offer them at cost price and they can be collected or delivered (at cost) I am not a charity and have my own asd child and everything that financially goes hand in hand with this so, although I will not ask to make a profit, I will also not be able to deliver for free or subsidise the product!! Anyone that is interested can contact me via my website here:

Ever Furniture

The mattresses are not on there, it is not a normal product for me to sell but rather one I feel may be of some use.

Malc

Edited by Calsdad

I suppose I should have said, the single mattresses cost £35+vat from the manufacturer and I would (possibly) be able to get a discount if there was enough interest to buy a few, or indeed I am ordering other items a the same time. But this is the raw cost and doesn't include delivery, anyone interested, just let me know!