3 replies to this topic

#1 morgana

morgana

Salisbury Hill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:16 PM

A question for people whose children have been prescribed melatonin :) Were you told to give school nights only and give your child a break from the melatonin at weekends? Many thanks in advance!

#2 sky

sky

Scafell Pike

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:music, reading, walking

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:24 AM

hi- yes , my son has just been given it again and i was told the same thing. think maybe a break from it increases its efficiency?

#3 cmuir

cmuir

Kilimanjaro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1661 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:03 AM

Hi

No, but I was advised every now and again e.g. school holidays to give kiddo a melatonin break for a week or 2 (at most) to check whether kiddo still benefits from it. My understanding is that it takes a few days to kick in and so I wonder whether weedays only is enough time to establish effectiveness (I could be wrong, but I have a vague recollection of being told this).

Caroline

#4 Lynden

Lynden

Kilimanjaro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1287 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:23 PM

Same as CMuir really - we were told to give him a break once in a while. We only use it to help establish routine and once we're back in a routine and he's okay with getting off to sleep then we stop. If we find that he's not getting off to sleep again and our routine hasn't changed, then we'll use it again for a few weeks to help him get to sleep.

Lynne x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users