matzoball

What's everyone listening to?

Three 7 year old buskers (lead, bass and drums) doing a passable Smoke on the Water sequeing into Iron Man. Passable for 7 year old buakers, anyway. I'd bottle them off if they were at Glastonbury.

Joseph Bodin de Boismortier (1689 - 1756) suites & sonatas performed by Passacaglia

Beethoven's Emperor Concerto feat. Emil Gilels (piano)

Paolo Fresu (trumpet, flugelhorn), Richard Galliano (accordion, bandoneon) and Jan Lundgren (piano), Mare Nostrum

Meat Loaf, Bat out of Hell

Glastonbury Unsigned Bands 2005

Enigma, The Cross of Changes

Up For It Crew, Viagro

Loki / Jazzy JJ, Shogun

Ali Farka Touré, Savane

Enya, Watermark

Was totally addicted to that song a month or 2 ago - prefer the original though ;) but this version is nice :)

Skrillex's version is absolutely amazing!!

love me a bit of dubstep!

Pamela Thorby (recorder) and Andrew Lawrence-King (harp, psaltery), Garden of Early Delights

Telemann chamber music performed by Passacaglia

apparently it is characterized as having heavy basslines, samples and reverberant drum patterns - i just thinks it's good music :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/UKFDubstep?blend=1&ob=5

Thank you :) I had a horrible feeling someone was going to link back to the video and just say "this" in answer to my question - so I'm glad you answered it :D

I'm listening to your link now (about of a quarter of the way through it) some of it would drive my neighbour nuts so that means I like it :lol:

Thanks again

Darkshine (who will be listening for another 8 minutes - which means I like it enough to do so)

Telemann chamber music performed by Passacaglia

I love baroque music - but only certain composers, mainly Handel and Vivaldi. I feel I ought to like Telemann but any of his music I have heard leaves me indifferent.

Tastes in music are hard to explain, aren't they? :unsure:

Hortus Musicus (dir. Andres Mustonen), Himmel Earth Heaven Erde: 1200-1600 Medieval-Renaissance

Tastes in music are hard to explain, aren't they? :unsure:

Yep :) and the last dubstep link just totally lost me :lol: off to listen to something a little safer and more known ;)

Yep :) and the last dubstep link just totally lost me :lol: off to listen to something a little safer and more known ;)

Well then you must try this. I'm not sure if it's 'safe' - it's definitely not very well known. But it's heart-meltingly gorgeous.

(I've no idea how to insert a video so this may not work.)

Jean Michel Jarre, Oxygène

Well then you must try this. I'm not sure if it's 'safe' - it's definitely not very well known. But it's heart-meltingly gorgeous.

(I've no idea how to insert a video so this may not work.)

It's nice and relaxing - just what I need after today :D

I'm not a big classical music fan (is it even classical? It sounds like classical type music) but the pieces I do like are like this in the sense that there isn't too much going on (as in too many instruments playing at once). One of my favourites is moonlight sonata - can't be bothered to put in the correct title even though I just used more letters saying this ;)

I'm not a big classical music fan (is it even classical? It sounds like classical type music) but the pieces I do like are like this in the sense that there isn't too much going on (as in too many instruments playing at once). One of my favourites is moonlight sonata - can't be bothered to put in the correct title even though I just used more letters saying this ;)

Yes, I find music like this a great antidote to the stresses and strains of the world. I suppose it is classical but I try not to pay too much attention to labels.

The Moonlight Sonata is a lovely piece but not typical of Beethoven I think. I find his music in general quite aggressive and angsty.

If you are interested in exploring similar music to the Eclogue and the Moonlight, here are two more chill-out classics. :peace:

(Wish I knew how to make the videos appear in the message...)

Edited by littleplum