matzoball

What's everyone listening to?

Jim Moray, Low Culture

Now that's tragic! Classic film though :lol: I used to love that film as a kid along with a fair few other 70's and 80's "classics" that would be deemed as total rot by kids today :P I'd have to agree when it comes to - escape to witch mountain (or something like that) the blooming thing used to be shown WAY TOO MUCH for my liking - someone rip up the reel :devil:

Maybe we should do a what tragic film are you watching thread :D

Go for it :)

Novalima, Coba Coba

Olde Hansa Musicus - the music of the medieval-themed restaurant in Tallinn: http://www.oldehansa.ee/

Olde Hansa Musicus - the music of the medieval-themed restaurant in Tallinn: http://www.oldehansa.ee/

Is that baroque? I once heard a piece I liked years ago when I was doing GCSE music - it was from a tape of examples and I always liked this certain clip (which isn't what you've posted about - it just reminded me ;)) I never knew what the piece was called but it was nice...

Edited by darkshine

THIS:

:D;)

Nothing like a little Lou Reed for a sunday morning :D

I prefer walk on the wild side and perfect day - but this was quite chilled and relaxed - never heard it before but hey, it's alright :thumbs:

Nothing like a little Lou Reed for a sunday morning :D

I prefer walk on the wild side and perfect day - but this was quite chilled and relaxed - never heard it before but hey, it's alright :thumbs:

I cannot even listen to 'perfect day' any more after that bl00dy awful single the BBC released... a pity, because prior to that it was a song I loved - was actually (despite the undertones of stalking and obsession) the song my ex and I had our first dance to at our wedding! Will still occasionally give Transformer a spin, though - skipping PD - just to listen to David Bowies lovely backing vocals on 'Satellite of Love'. Come in at about 2:00 minutes but really come into their own after the tempo change Ahhhhhh Ahhhh ahhhh ahhhh:

:D

Is that baroque? I once heard a piece I liked years ago when I was doing GCSE music - it was from a tape of examples and I always liked this certain clip (which isn't what you've posted about - it just reminded me ;)) I never knew what the piece was called but it was nice...

No, the Baroque era for music started around 1600-ish. I'm currently listening to the Palladian Ensemble's A Choice Collection: Music from Purcell's London.

I cannot even listen to 'perfect day' any more after that bl00dy awful single the BBC released... a pity, because prior to that it was a song I loved - was actually (despite the undertones of stalking and obsession) the song my ex and I had our first dance to at our wedding! Will still occasionally give Transformer a spin, though - skipping PD - just to listen to David Bowies lovely backing vocals on 'Satellite of Love'. Come in at about 2:00 minutes but really come into their own after the tempo change Ahhhhhh Ahhhh ahhhh ahhhh:

Nice :D

Aaah the dreaded BBC cover - yes - nuff said :devil:

I am forever a Bowie fan - have been from a toddler when I used to jump in my cot to scary monsters and super freaks, and ashes to ashes (amongst others) :lol:

I've always liked this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaLNrK4GeLg

No, the Baroque era for music started around 1600-ish. I'm currently listening to the Palladian Ensemble's A Choice Collection: Music from Purcell's London.

Ok :D

I haven't a clue what that is - going through a weird phase right now with music - might have to dust off something a little more... dunno... I have a classical playlist somewhere though :)

I cannot even listen to 'perfect day' any more after that bl00dy awful single the BBC released...

I was amazed they could get away with a song encouraging listeners to feed animals at the zoo!

I'm listening to Marin Marais (1656-1728) music for viola da gamba performed by the Palladian Ensemble.

ah... how do we post youtube embedded link?

I tried many ways but I couldn't find how to do it.

Anyone can help me on this?

I am new here...this website.

Thanks

:)

Above the text box where you type your post, below the "Other styles", "Fonts" and "Sizes" drop-down menus, there's a row of icons. The one on the far right is "Insert media". Click on it, then type the URL of the video you want to embed (you can just copy and paste the URL from YouTube or wherever the video is).

Palladian Ensemble, An Excess of Pleasure

ah... how do we post youtube embedded link?

I tried many ways but I couldn't find how to do it.

Anyone can help me on this?

I am new here...this website.

Thanks

Hi jessica -

the forum seems to have developed the ability to do so automatically after an upgrade - prior to that, ixnay...

easiest way is to browse to the youtube vid you want then right click copy the 'http' address at the top taskbar and copy...

paste that in while you're writing your post and it'll come up embedded

Palladian Ensemble, The Sun King's Paradise

This is my favourite Bowie track. Fantastic lead guitar, and great vocal of course. (It's "Stay" from Station to Station.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJVtv9LlK9Y

Brilliant :thumbs:

I guess my favourite Bowie song is one of the following depending on my mood ;) Sorrow, Starman, Sound and Vision and Rock n Roll Suicide - there are loads others I love but these 4 would be my top picks every time - along with some typicals like life on mars, space oddity, ziggy stardust, oh! you pretty things :D I could go on forever - basically not a proper die hard Bowie fan but am pretty close :notworthy:

Palladian Ensemble, Trios for 4

Brilliant :thumbs:

I guess my favourite Bowie song is one of the following depending on my mood ;) Sorrow, Starman, Sound and Vision and Rock n Roll Suicide - there are loads others I love but these 4 would be my top picks every time - along with some typicals like life on mars, space oddity, ziggy stardust, oh! you pretty things :D I could go on forever - basically not a proper die hard Bowie fan but am pretty close :notworthy:

I adore Bowie! However I get slagged off by fellow Bowie fans for my favourite song -

also - technically not a Bowie song but...

Pet Shop Boys, Very

Hi jessica -

the forum seems to have developed the ability to do so automatically after an upgrade - prior to that, ixnay...

easiest way is to browse to the youtube vid you want then right click copy the 'http' address at the top taskbar and copy...

paste that in while you're writing your post and it'll come up embedded

Thank you very much for the explanation.

...Jessica

I adore Bowie! However I get slagged off by fellow Bowie fans for my favourite song -

OMG that first one is bad :lol: I'm not gonna slag you off though - we all have different preferences :wacko: when I'm feeling in the right mood I play absolute beginners - which not many people I've met like for some reason :P

Never heard the second song before - and even thought not technically Bowie - it made me laugh the whole way through - I'm still grinning about it now :D good one :thumbs:

Let's dance :dance:

Progetto Avanti, Baroque Illusions

Zero 7, Simple Things

I thought Perfect Day was about heroin.

Nope! It's about an obsessed stalker following a woman all day, apparently... All that 'I'm glad I spent it with you' is about him watching from a distance... adds a whole different meaning to that line 'and later when it get's dark WE go home.' Sting tried the same thing with 'every breath you take', but it's nowhere near as accomplished.

Like many garjuss songs (strangler's 'golden brown', Spritualized's 'think I'm in love' - both drug songs) it's a horrid juxtaposition when you find out! :lol:

Anyhoo - I heard this in the background of some TV prog tonight.. haven't heard or thought of it in years, but think I'll be digging my 'best of XTC' cd out for the next few days... anyone who doesn't smile at the detuned 'toy' guitar on the chorus (years ahead of the Gorrillas!) deserves to be miserable!

I thought Perfect Day was about heroin.

It was used in the film 'trainspotting' which might be why you thought that? It's the main reason for my limited listening to the song to be honest cuz I see ewan mcgregor sinking into the floor, and then every scene thereafter syching in with the relevant bits of the song - its so bad that I even hear the nurse going "wake up, wake up" slap slap slap :lol: and simultaneously :wallbash:

I never knew about the whole stalker story thing, but it makes no difference to me - connotations of songs sometimes effect perception and sometimes not - I still love golden brown as track to listen to - it really lifts my mood - when I'm in the right mood - I think it's the repetitive riff going through it ;)

Alboran Trio, Meltemi

I never knew about the whole stalker story thing, but it makes no difference to me - connotations of songs sometimes effect perception and sometimes not - I still love golden brown as track to listen to - it really lifts my mood - when I'm in the right mood - I think it's the repetitive riff going through it ;)

Nope, it wasn't the 'stalky' aspect of perfect Day that ruined it for me (but maybe we wouldn't have chosen it for that reason, had e known then, as our wedding dance song), it definitely was the BBC single and it's overkill! It's more a case of 'minor disappointment, iykwim, where you'd like to give the composer a slap on the wrist...

It's like eight ball by Underworld. Pretty obvious from the title really once I found out - Duh - but I always thought the last line was 'that great stuff...makes me feel...happy...' and a reference to being high on life and people watching. Of course, it's 'white stuff' :angry::lol:

Still an absolutely garjuss track - one of my dessert island discs for sure - but i do wish it was about being high on life and people watching :wub:

William Alwyn (1905-85), String Quartet no. 1 in d minor