Sign in to follow this  
fiorelli

Food...

not sure if this is in the right place - but here goes...

Does anyone else's kids who have a dx of any sort, constantly eat?

My sons' daily intake of food goes along these lines:

Breakfast -

2 Weetabix with semi-skimmed milk - no sugar

Yoghurt

Piece of fruit

when he gets to school he will say he is hungry, and usually says he hasn't had any breakfast so gets someething to eat there (a cereal of some sort)

11.00am - fruit with the rest of class

12.00 - 2 extra pieces of fruit he has managed to blag from school

Lunch

sandwich (4 slices of bread)

crisps

fruit

yoghurt

or

2 toast with egg and beans

fruit

snack - again, fruit/crisps (only ever has one packet of crisps in any one day)

Dinner -

spaghetti bolognaise (full adult size portion)/chicken pasta and salad

pudding of some sort

Bearing in mind that my son is only 6, and he is eating full ADULT size meals, and still asks for more - and eats it - if it is given - and he usually asks for a lot more during the day.

He is not fat by any means - he is very tall for his age, and his weight is very in proportion to his height (I would be the first to say if it wasn't! http://groups.msn.com/HitchedPhotoAlbumMk-...o&PhotoID=13717 - son is the boy stood in front of adult bridesmaid - he is a couple of inches taller now - photo taken last august)

Is it just my son - and is it something to worry about?

Edited by fiorelli

if he's growing like that he will be hungry and at least he's eating fruit and stuff - keep off fizzy drinks and I'd think he'll be fine

Com has always eaten very well and doesn't stop if food is in front of him but he's easy to regulate as he never asks for food - you should see him at a buffet though!

I did worry for a while when he started to put on weight last year (11) but he's started to grow again and he looks like he's going to be tall

Zemanski

hello, my 8 year old son who has asd never stop's eating and his is thin not a ounce of fat on him bt he never sit's still he is alway's on the go, so l would not worry to much about him.

sharron

Hi Fiorelli,

My son (aged 9 with AS) also eats vast quanties of food. He will eat a full size adult meal and still ask for more :sick: .

We just point him in the direction of the fruit bowl.

The only time we feel we have to stop him is in the evenings, before he goes to bed...as he already has problems sleeping, without trying to sleep on a full tummy.

I'm sure its nothing to worry about, but mabye you could mention it next time you visit the doctors to put your mind at rest.

Regards, tizz