Pancakemaker

Helpful website

Hi all there's a wabsite called autismfreezone.com with useful advice have a look

Hi pancakemaker -

sort of wish someone else had posted this 'cos I think you might feel I'm being 'picky', which I'm not. I've had a quick look at this site, and other than lots of pop up warnings and a 'free screensaver' banner or somesuch when i closed the window it's pretty much just an advertising portal / search engine to people selling various interventions and products. It may actually break forum rules about links to commercial sites.

The forum does have a very good 'resources' section with info on most of the kind of thing listed here and more...

To be honest, a lot of the stuff mentioned on the website you link (ABA, Stem Cell therapy, 'online' child diagnostic tests, online courses etc) are IMO heading in the direction of 'Woo' and anything but helpful, and when you follow any link you get sent off in all sorts of strange directions. :(

As I say, I hope you won't infer anything personal about this - I would be posting exactly the same reply whoever posted the link.

If you haven't looked yet, it would be worth spending some time in the 'resources' and / or diets and meds sections of the forum. With regard to some of the 'Woo' stuff there's a very good and useful checklist (NAS, I think) listing types of therapies, independent evaluations and a '20 questions' to ask.

L&P

BD

I don't know why it got posted in off topic I just press post and it goes,then I have to search for it!It's true there's a lot of ads when I put it up I'd just finished reading William Stillmans book and it was in the back,it said it was a website for parents and caters to swap equipment and sensory toys etc for free so I put it up,oops! Xx :crying:

I don't know why it got posted in off topic I just press post and it goes,then I have to search for it!It's true there's a lot of ads when I put it up I'd just finished reading William Stillmans book and it was in the back,it said it was a website for parents and caters to swap equipment and sensory toys etc for free so I put it up,oops! Xx :crying:

No worries - I think the 'swap shop' thing is a good idea... maybe if you could find that particular site you could link directly to it?

As far as posting goes, when you 'start new topic' it will add it in whichever forum you are currently browsing, so if browsing 'off topic' the new post will appear in off topic. If you want to post to a different area browse to that section first and then go to 'start new topic'.

HTH

L&P

BD

Edited by baddad

I think the 'swap shop' thing is a good idea...

So long as we don't all have to dress up like Noel Edmonds to take part... :banman:

So long as we don't all have to dress up like Noel Edmonds to take part... :banman:

No, you can dress up as Noel Gordon...

(that'll get her googling!)

:D

Thank you for that ,I'll be googling to.I quite like searching for my topic its fun. :D

Showing your age? :whistle: (I must be showing mine too :oops: )

Hi all there's a wabsite called autismfreezone.com with useful advice have a look

Autism-free zone? Sounds 100% curebie to me.