darkshine

What's everyone's favourite films?

I used to know someone actually called Dave Stevens who refused to watch that film because, as he put it: "I can handle a murderer, an accountant never!" :lol:

:lol: you never know :lol:

I have a bit of a guilty pleasure for Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, especially the waterfall/shower scene. :) Although I should stress that I am not in any way responsible for Bryan Adams's overlong sojourn at no. 1!

everything i do, like the song, i had it on 7", i'm a bad man. Back to the topic, Star Wars Trilogy, all of them, as often as possible

That is so weird - I'd only decided about 5 mins ago to write that - I log in and you've beaten me to it Archie :D (the films that is :lol:)

Edited by darkshine

Carry On Up The Khyber :lol:

"There's been an incident at the Pass!"

"There's always incidents at passes. You've only got to make a pass for there to be trouble!"

Edited by Aeolienne

Ah, the 'Carry On' films - I must have seen nearly all of them once (and 5 or 6 of them several times cuz there's certain ones that get aired a lot more than others :rolleyes:) - three cheers for dodgy TV growing up :jester:

Thinking of "films" that are shown very often - I actually quite like certain parts of - The Snowman :P

Saw Jane Eyre tonight it was brill, love classic english literature and costume dramas , not a bad production :thumbs:

:wacko: deja vu or what :lol:

So... er... did you actually see it 3 times then :D

For some reason I can't stop watching Blade 2. It's a near perfect film; the direction, photography, set up, and characterisation is excellent, plus it's got Ron Perlman in it and that's win everytime! I also love Scott Pilgrim (being a guy who loves his comics, games and has been in a few rubbish bands).

Edited by Nathan

Bladerunner :robot:

Identity :wacko:

Got some recommendations for y'all -

Nick and Norahs Infinite Playlist, Flight of the Navigator(firm fav of mine), Youth in Revolt, Moon(stunning), Another Earth(again stunning), David Lynch's Dune(if you don't treat it as a faithful adaptation - i'm a massive Dune fan), Eagle vs Shark, Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Paper Heart, The Big Lebowski, A Serious Man - in fact any Coen Bros movie with the exception of Intolerable Cruelty!, How to Train Your Dragon(all vikings are apparently Scottish), Tangled...

Have tonnes more but we would be here for daaaaays....

Anyone seen any of them?

Dreamcatcher. Saw it last night and it was pants even with Morgan Freeman in it!! :sick:

Matrix Trilogy - 1st one is best though :)

First one was OK.

I realy lost it with the others, not that I had that much idea about the first one.

I don't realy have a favourite film or even type to film, I like anything with a good story.

Just back from seeing Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. It is brilliant on so many different levels and is now among my top films ever.

The only drawback is you can't take your eyes off the screen for a second or you'll miss some vital clue. By the same token, make sure you visit the loo just before you go in. :blink:

First one was OK.

I realy lost it with the others, not that I had that much idea about the first one.

I don't realy have a favourite film or even type to film, I like anything with a good story.

I had to watch the first one about 7 times before I got it ;)

I don't really have a favourite film cuz it changes so much - but when I started this thread I just used the word favourite cuz I figured that's the word that makes most sense - I guess - "what films are/have you watched that you hated or liked" would have done :D

I really really hate Mamma Mia - so much so that I haven't even watched it (I've seen segments of it and hate it so much that I have to angrily stomp off when it's being watched) - Maybe it's cuz of the actors :unsure::lol:

Office Space is an underrated cult classic!!

Mmkay, did you get that memo about the TPS reports?

Just remembered 'Little Shop of Horrors' while feeding my lil girl - 'Feed me! Feed me now!!!!' Don't normally like musicals too much but Steve Martin singing 'I am your dentist' is absolutely rib-ticklingly hilarious (for me)... :P

Just remembered 'Little Shop of Horrors' while feeding my lil girl - 'Feed me! Feed me now!!!!' Don't normally like musicals too much but Steve Martin singing 'I am your dentist' is absolutely rib-ticklingly hilarious (for me)... :P

OMG I can't believe there's another person who likes this film!!! I don't even know why I like it!!! I guess there's just something about blood-thirsty talking plants, weirdo's and psycho dentists :P

Talking about blood-thirsty plants....'Invasion of the Body Snatchers' :devil:

Talking about blood-thirsty plants....'Invasion of the Body Snatchers' :devil:

Haven't seen that one but being totally judgemental the title sounds like it's probably bad :D

you can tell me if I'm wrong ;)

The bucket list was alright if a little depressing :blink:

Haven't seen that one but being totally judgemental the title sounds like it's probably bad :D

you can tell me if I'm wrong ;)

The bucket list was alright if a little depressing :blink:

Don't judge a book by it's cover or in this case a film by it's title! :wacko: It may be a little dated now but it's a classic and onald Sutherland is brillant as always :blink: And another one he was in 'Don't Look Now' - full on creep-fest but also brilliant! :blink::blink:

I meant Donald, not onald :whistle:

28 Days Later but not the sequel, 28 Weeks Later. That really was quite rubbish! :blink:

I'm petrified of z word movies! Tried auditioning for that brad pitt malarky when it was in glasgow though hehe

One of my favourites is Zack and Miri make a p-rno - really funny :)

I'm petrified of z word movies! Tried auditioning for that brad pitt malarky when it was in glasgow though hehe

One of my favourites is Zack and Miri make a p-rno - really funny :)

Never seen that one but will try to at some point!

Sometimes I still hide behind a cushion or my fingers with zombie flicks but I do like 'em! My sis has been a hermit since her bubs was born and went away to Glasgow a few weeks ago for a 'romantic' weekend - right beside where they were filming the Brad Pitt film!!?? (she hadn't seen the news apparently) :wacko:

Made the mistake of watching 'Mirrors' which brought back my childhood phobia of the things - didn't see that one coming! :whistle:

Stigmata - weird :blink:

Agree :wacko::wacko: