Tally

Does anyone know how to use facebook?

I need to block one person from starting chat conversations with me, but without blocking chat altogether, and without blocking him altogether.

Is this possible?

click drop down tab on right in blue bar

then privacy settings

blocked people and apps - enter name and blocked completely apart from shared games/apps

OR

You can put people on a restricted list - just cannot remember how right now!!!

HTH

Darkshine

Edited by darkshine

Got it. in privacy again, click the cog that says custom, at the bottom of the box it lets you add people to a list that is restricted and they won't see your posts.

Failing that - you can create a list in chat for that person, and always appear offline for that list ;)

Just had to say, when I first saw this topic I thought my answer was gonna be explaining facebook so I was ready to say: "dunno, you click a load of likes, poke people and say odd things that people find inexplicably funny but it seems to work for me - even if it doesn't make any sense whatsoever" :lol:

sorry - just had to say it :devil::oops:

Edited by darkshine

I've managed to sort it by creating a list, adding just the one person to that list, and then making myself appear offline to that list.

you should also add...people talk to walls ( in real life thats grafiti XD )

and constantly poke people

Yeah totally forgot about that one - not to mention tagging people - a tag used to be graffiti too once upon a time :P

I've managed to sort it by creating a list, adding just the one person to that list, and then making myself appear offline to that list.

Glad one of the solutions worked - and at least you know how to tweak things so you don't get annoyed by people on there - such an annoying program though cuz they'll update again and reset all their settings!! Like secure browsing for instance - last update they turned it off - and notifications filling up email box is annoying too - they reset that last time as well so I had to spend 5 mins checking all the boxes to stop endless notification emails :wallbash:

At least you can log in without being harassed by annoying people now :thumbs:

Just had to say, when I first saw this topic I thought my answer was gonna be explaining facebook so I was ready to say: "dunno, you click a load of likes, poke people and say odd things that people find inexplicably funny but it seems to work for me - even if it doesn't make any sense whatsoever"

There was a really funny sketch on Comic Relief a year or so back about "if ordinary people behaved like Facebook". Don't know if it's on Youtube because I can't look for it right now...