Lyndalou

Adult Support Group Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire

We have now had 2 meetings of the support group for adults who have diagnosed or suspected Aspergers / HFA. We are growing slowly using a combination of advertising and word of mouth so feel free to spread the word.

We are currently meeting at Goals at Bridge of Dee, Aberdeen and our next meet up will be 7.30pm on 5th April.

Those currently involved are within the 20's to 40's age range and both men and women.

If you'd like to get in touch please pm me.

Lynda

Edited by Lyndalou

Hi Ohalrightthen

Have you been in touch with Gail McKeitch, NAS Ellon Branch Officer? She might be a good first port of call to find out what is available round about where you are. Her telephone number is 07880 780686 and email is ellon@nas.org.uk.

There is also a very good comprehensive services directory which has been produced and I'll give you the name of it when I remember. To my knowledge it has been compiled by parents so it has this slant....

Have you also been in touch with the Social Work Child Disability Team in your area? I'm not sure if it's the same one as mine. They should be able to advise you on activities suitable for your son and practical support for your family. There is a special needs 'club' which runs alternate Saturdays for children 5-12 yrs in Huntly for instance.

Feel free to PM me too

Lynda :)