A-S warrior

alright men, be honest, how big is your........

toiletry collection? :)

i know there are some men out there with guilty pleasures like facial moisterisors, face scrubs self tanning loitons etc, etc, but dont like to admit it becuase its sounds like your a sissy. i must admit, i used to have a seperate face wash for my stubble, as well as a whole artillery of shower gels, moisterisers, face scrubs etc. im a basic soap and water man now, must of been a phase, but i know for some men its a kind of ritual, so nows the time to be honest, so out with it lol

Bar of soap, can of shaving foam, will have a shave about twice a week if that and will change a razor balde about once a month and use the family shampoo, and will brush my hair now and again.

When it comes to my legs and cycling then thats a different matter. I have cremes for my backside, rubs and oils for my legs etc... The legs are still not in top shape but when they are the hair removal creme will come out as will a large bag of bics and antisceptic spray and the summer rituals will start in keeping them in top nick.

I guess it is all about status. Once I was secure in a stable relationship i couldn't give a hoot as to how I looked, the one area which still matters to me though is is being able to ride past other cyclists who come out in summer and give the impression I am a serious cyclist. In many ways the legs always tell the story of how much work you put in throughout the year and so I have always want them to be at their best. Just thought 'bit of mess, but had good legs' would be happy with that as my obituary!

A-S Warrior next time you think you are in love and know the girl you want to chase and watch the old habits come back, just a thought.

Don't shave. Use whatever there is in the bathroom. Always 2 or 3 half used bottles of whatever on the shelf.

My wife's disposal "Bic" razors, aftershave (which she bought for me),her deoderant, her soap (except for shaving), my own under-eye moisturiser for my bags - does that mean I'm a big sissy...?

Not a fan of shower gels, face scrubs etc.etc

Robert, does the under eye moisturiser work or not? Will reserve judjement, need to go check my bags in the mirror first, not sure if I have got any.

One comment how do you know your wife hasn't use the Bic on her legs first, prior to you cutting your face to shreds at which point you check the bath and think........, I have yet to work that one out. Thankfully these days I am not in a position of going to work where the only pressed shirt is white, and my chin is covered with bog roll with red spots on them.

Agree about shower gels for me a great idea for a 'retailer' product which you use at five times the economic rate of a bar of soap and unfortunalty comes in loads of packaging all paid for by the 'consumer'.

Admittingly I don't use the eye moisturiser as often as I should so can't really comment on whether it works. I still have the bags...

The Bic is usually clean and with the protective thing on so unless she has used it, washed it under the shower (with shower gel and girlie shampoo) to hide the evidence and make it look like new, I would never know...(winks as can't do smilies on this PC)

Personally, like you LancsLad, I don't believe in shower gels or their purpose especially when you're going to wash it all off anyway. I'd rather spend the money on a bottle of plonk but I'm veering off-topic now

A-S Warrior next time you think you are in love and know the girl you want to chase and watch the old habits come back, just a thought.

i have a feeling you could be right, ive just let myself go since my last break up lol

p.s ive always imagined you having a grey goatee, i guess its becuse sometimes you sound like a phycoligist, you,ve got into my head and read my thoughts more than once.

You are getting close but not quite there.

For one it is not a very cultivated look more of a can't be arsed having a shave for a week or so approach. The other point like many men my age is I am at that half way house stage in life where the grey hairs and that includes the ones on my chin along with others are too plentiful to be discretly removed as one off events. The down side the appear in patches which over time are getting a bit more symetrical but are some way off yet. As a result I have gone past worrying about going grey, rather I wish it would just get on with it as I know I will eventualy follow the rest of my family line and cultivate a 'silver' somewhat distinguished look, in the meantime its a bit of a dogs dinner to be honest.

I have though about the future amongst other things and would be quite happy taking an aesthetic lead from one of my cultural heroes 'Peter Gabriel'. I currenty have reasonable head of hair, sorry about that one Peter, but feel he has a distinguished air of creativity about him which I can relate to, what do you think A-S Warrior, remember I have 15 years to work on it to reach this stage of development.

http://www.who2.com/bio/peter-gabriel

Got a few years to put a bit of weight on, so will think about luxury food items before I turn my attention to grooming products.

....12.jpg follwed by this, contnue this protocol everyday for a year, and rember do absolutley nothing, claim incapacity benifit so your not wasting energy lol

been using moisturizers for around 30 years now and having tried lots of products over the years i will give you the benefit of my metrosexual regime :D

i exfoliate my face 3 to 4 times a week using a exfoliating pad and dettol soap then rinse in cold water to help reduce the eye bags, and for the eye bags i use body shop maca root eye serum for men it works quite well its very light and absorbs quickly, also i carry a boots no7 anti fatigue stick in my bag for back up.

Gillette series moiturizer is cheap enough to use on a daily basis and has a spf of 15, but on a night out i would use boots shine control day moiturizer it keeps you looking fresh and it helps with razor burns. i also use nivea q10 between my eyes for deep frown lines :hypno:

reads like a amazon review.

i even wash my converse laces and iron my hankies and put creases on bootcut jeans.

been using moisturizers for around 30 years now and having tried lots of products over the years i will give you the benefit of my metrosexual regime :D

i exfoliate my face 3 to 4 times a week using a exfoliating pad and dettol soap then rinse in cold water to help reduce the eye bags, and for the eye bags i use body shop maca root eye serum for men it works quite well its very light and absorbs quickly, also i carry a boots no7 anti fatigue stick in my bag for back up.

Gillette series moiturizer is cheap enough to use on a daily basis and has a spf of 15, but on a night out i would use boots shine control day moiturizer it keeps you looking fresh and it helps with razor burns. i also use nivea q10 between my eyes for deep frown lines :hypno:

reads like a amazon review.

i even wash my converse laces and iron my hankies and put creases on bootcut jeans.

love the honesty lol, thats alot of products!

Various cut throat razors, badger brush and shaving soaps from Crabtree and Evelyn, it's an art you know despite only shaving when I go out and toiletries from Lush especially their wonderful rassoul mud and Henna, otherwise Arabian attars as perfume as Western stuff is overpriced, and Arabian attars are unisex, Egyptian Majmua is my current favourite.

I got into cut throat razors when I was first unemployed between the period of that and being able to apply for benefits despite redundancy, it was a time of extreme poverty where I sold much of my valuable stuff just to eat and pay the rent. But Gillette is the scam now as it was at it's introduction back in 1900 and throwing stuff away that could be repaired is anathema to me, so I bought Rolls Razors off of ebay, quite a few actually, and learned to restore them and from using the Rolls I eventually went onto full open razors as all one needs is a leather belt or piece of card board to strop the things on prior to shaving.

Men's toiletries, has anyone noticed the underlying smell with them, they do all smell the same, they all use the same chemical as a base, I for one am not particularly enamoured with putting synthetic chemicals on my skin as it is I have long hair and I wash it with paraben and SLS free products as being a mechanic, that stuff is used in greater concentrations to degrease engines and of course there is the link with skin and other cancers, so why tf smear yourself in it thinking you are cleaning yourself, it does not make sense.

Oh and I use pure coconut oil to condition the hair and use as a moisturiser on my skin, and the cat likes to eat it too.

Edited by Sa Skimrande

lol your an interesting guy, a belly dancing mechanic that uses cut throat razors and has long hair. now thats what i call breaking the mould!

btw i had long hair in my teenage years, it really was a burden.

and it doesnt matter to me if gillette are a scam as i trim.

trim for the win i always say, women like a 5 o clock shadow.

Edited by A-S warrior

lol your an interesting guy, a belly dancing mechanic that uses cut throat razors and has long hair. now thats what i call breaking the mould!

btw i had long hair in my teenage years, it really was a burden.

I have always been an oddball, and even the way I dress I like interesting styles, eighties goth/new romantic, as I like tactile fabrics, velvets, silk and leather, the leather helps with that tight armoured feel many AS people like, but the hair, it's been long three times now, there comes a point where I had enough, cut it short and start again, each time it gets better and it saves on the cost of hair cuts. But long hair on males is quite common, the seventeenth century smithy I rent space in, the blacksmith also has long hair, his way longer than mine and it doesn't get burned, but his long hair he says is for practical reasons, it stops hot rocks going down the back of his neck.

I don't use aftershaves or any other male product I have never even thought about this I think this may have been because when I was growing up my father didn't use any of these things so I just followed his example not that it was so prevalent in his time I suppose.

I do shave everyday at the same time and shower always in the evening it's always after tea I'm very much a person for doing things at the same time in the same way.

I've never had a hair style really just cut short a short back and sides my father always said it's what I've always had throughout my life. Without realising it until now I've never changed I feel happy with that and no plans to try anything different either.