Jump to content


No statement - going to college/uni etc S139A Moving On

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mandapanda


    Mt Blanc

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Basingstoke, Hampshire
  • Interests:Family history
    , reading, music.

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:56 AM

Hi all

We visited a local college yesterday and they told me about the S139A - Statement of Moving On.

My youngest has never had a statement (though he definitely should have had one), and has now not attended school for 4-5 years. When I asked about special transport for college they said it had been tightened up this year and they had to have a statement. Then they said about the S139A, and if we got that it would entitle him to the transport (I don't think he will cope with buses at all).


There is even a section at the bottom about home schooled young people.

#2 Special_talent123


    Autie Girl

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2094 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:England

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:15 AM

college, i have heard that SEN statement ceases when you leave school. I had a s140 assessment with my connexions adviser before i went to college. With regards to transport - if your on low income you can ask the transportation services help towards travel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users