LolaP1986

Tramadol - severe nausea

I have an instability in my shoulder, and am supposed to be on light duties in work. The last few weeks thing doesn't seem to have happened and my shoulder is back to really hurting, but I've also really hurt my back/hip on the same side. Over the weekend I could hardly move. Yesterday it got so bad, nothing I took was helping, so I contacted a doctor, who gave me tramadol. It's worked quite well...I'm still uncomfortable but not really sore. I do have severe nausea and dizziness though. I just feel awful. Has anyone else experienced this? Every time I move I want to be sick.

do you have a leaflet that came with them? sounds like one of the common side effects, the doc may want to give you a different kind of medication, or something to settle your stomach like kaolin morphine mixture. i wouldnt say its urgent but do monitor the situation, worst comes to it you call a doctor out. i can be a bit funny with medications, but i ride them out beacuse they work, and the 'brain fog' i get is worth it to get better. but nausea is like having a washing machine in your stomach and its not nice to live with, so keep and eye on it, perhaps call the doc tommorow (sounds like something that can be sorted over the phone) and see how you go. at the first sign of it getting worse though, go to hopital and go to the outpatients section (after hours doctor basically) or call a doctor out.

Can you take anything else? When I had my car accident end of April I had to take Dicloflenac for a week for the whiplash pain, then a further few weeks of ibuprofen/paracetamol. If its causing that bad a reaction, I'd try something else. But I don't suffer with stomach ulcers or anything, that's why I can take something as strong as dicloflenac. Also, I take it with food.

Tramadol belongs to the group of drugs known as opioid analgesics

The clue lies in opioid....

Hope you're not pregnant...

Other side effects include fatigue, bottom burps and extra toilet trips...:(

Definitely not pregnant.

I'm taking naproxen as well. My shoulder partially dislocates sometimes, due to the instability. I've over done it in work and have been generally very stressed, which I think is causing it all. The naproxen has never caused that reaction, so I'm sure its the tramadol. I think nausea is a common enough side effect, but leaves me so I can't do much. I will see how it goes over the next day or too!

Going to try to relax...tips??

i know was stupid fool but took 3 of my mum's tramadol painkillers for her back i was due in work had to ring up and make excuse that had virus and couldn't go into work felt so sick light headed room spinning especially when moved closed my eyes everything was moving swaying ended up spending all day in bed felt dreadful awful - lesson learnt won't be doing that again!!! :( learn't hard way but if taken normally heard classic common side effect of them is nausea have tried eating before taking them? made me see stars!

XKLX

a bad chick movie, and a cold glass of lemonade on ice.

Such as? I find most of those too annoying to watch. Lemonade on ice sounds good!

Smiley - My work know about my shoulder and I let my boss know today that it was bad again and my backs been bad. I will probably just be sent home tomorrow as I won't be much use to them. I'll either be sore or sick. Yeah I've made sure to eat with them, but it's a struggle. That's how I'm feeling...really sick and like everything is moving. It's horrible.

I was thinking Arnie actually!

Yeah, even checked to see what Arnie I have! :)