newbie101

MMR jab, gluten, casein, toxins and candida: all thought to increase Asberger traits

Hello,

I am a 23 year old male with Asberger's syndrome and am about to start a graduate job in September. Although my Asberger's is not so severe that it prevents me working it does cause lots of communication problems. I am working on this and have made some success.

I did get the MMR jab when I was young and this was when the MMR jab used mercury as a preservative. I know that there is a debated link between MMR and autism, and my Mum and sister do have traits of Asberger's syndrome. My sister and I both had the MMR jab.

I took the debated link between the MMR jab and autism as fact, and found that it was mercury that was suspect in causing autism. As a last ditch attempt to 'lessen' my Asberger traits I have been taking chlorella. This is a substance that is used to detox the body and binds with mercury deposited in the body and removes mercury from the body. I have also been eating raw garlic (which has been proven to prevent mercury accumulation, amongst other things).

I am aware that it is very unlikely that taking garlic and chlorella will have any effect in lessening the Asberger traits, but I am reaching the limit in how NT I can appear to be.

In addition to these supplements I have a low sugar and fat diet (a high fat and high sugar diet has been suggested to increase Asberger traits), and do not have any toxins (pesticides, lead pipes) near me. Toxins have also been suggested to increase Asberger traits. The only other suggested change is a gluten, casein and candida free diet (all three have been suggested to increase Asberger traits), and I would find this very hard to do.

I am interested in possible legal action against the company who gave me the MMR jab. To keep this post short: has any Aspie on this forum who has had the mercury preservative MMR jab considered legal action against the company who gave them the jab?

It wouldn't occur to me to take legal action over the MMR jab becuase there is no good evidence that it is involved.

Saying "I had it and am spectrum therefore...." is like saying "I woke up this morning and fell over the cat this afternoon therefore getting up caused the cat."

Are you familiar with reading the raw research or are you relying on popular reports? Even the popular reports are recognising the error that was made, apart from the scaremongering types.

It's great you are so proactive about your asd though and I understand about wanting to be as NT as possible - apart from anything else it sounds safer doesn't it?

My efforts focus on my behaviours and activities - the things I have some control over which directly influence the way the world reacts to me.

Of course, it's entirely up to you about to if you believe the MMR stuff - but if combating what you see as the problem isn't actually working then maybe you could put effort and energy into other things? There is a miniscule amount of mercury involved - many people seem to pick up more from the general environment (I'm old enough to have been given mercury to play with in chemistry classes at school lol!) I've see people get totally fixated on it and spend all their effort on it without results - except being worn out and poorer.

I also think that eating raw garlic is more likely to exacerbate any social issues you may have rather than helping at all. Sorry about this but you did ask! I know that we get very fixed on ideas and it can be difficult to leave them and move on.

I disagree

AS cannot be reversed - otherwise this forum wouldn't exist if everybody could become NT.

I have read widely about the MMR debate, spoken to many parents and read Dr Wakefield's research and it is coming to light that he was right.

There is good chlorella and bad chlorella - make sure you have the right one

For me, raw garlic does not make my social issues worse and it is a great detoxifier.

I disagree

with what? everything in both posts so far?

AS cannot be reversed - otherwise this forum wouldn't exist if everybody could become NT.

I can't see where there is a suggestion that AS can be reversed.

I have read widely about the MMR debate, spoken to many parents and read Dr Wakefield's research and it is coming to light that he was right.

references? the ones I used to come to my view are the standard peer reviewed medical ones, anyone can find them. Am interested in seeing what you have found on the other side

For me, raw garlic does not make my social issues worse and it is a great detoxifier.

slight diversion: when I was teaching I did two evening classes a term. Better than evens that there was someone with a smell that made the other students avoid them - BO, food smells (especially garlic), aftershave or perfume. Saddest was the chap who was open that he'd come hoping to meet people - and he reeked of this really heavy scent. I bottled out of telling him why nobody wanted to be his partner for some of the exercises but looking back.... I do wonder if he was as lost as me in social situations and it would have been kinder to mention it? :(

StoneDog, I disagree with the first line of your post

Yes, sorry I made an error regarding the "reversal"...I meant to say that the OP's comment about it being unlikely that "taking garlic and chlorella would lessen Asperger traits" is most certain: i.e. it's very unlikely. (it's been a long day...)

You ask about whether the standard peer reviewed medical references can be found...the Lancet (amongst others) were forced to retract their article on this subject but the evidence is there if you can find it. Again, I have spoken to and listened to many parents - the whole MMR thing is not hysteria. There are plenty of books out there and they can't all be wrong. The truth is coming out but Government bodies still want to discret it all. I know what goes into vaccines, you only have to read the manufacturer's label and many of the ingredients are toxic. It's no wonder why there has been a big explosion in behavioural disorders over the last decade (and vaccines are not the only culprit). People are starting to wake up to the truth but the time bomb is still ticking...

And in answer to the original poster's question about taking legal action against the company(ies) that adminstered the MMR jab - don't bother. Pharmaceutical companies are indemnified against any legal preceedings brought against them. At best, they may pay out a sum as compensation "to keep the plaintiffs quiet" but they (Pharma) will never admit liability. The whole practice stinks

There are plenty of books out there and they can't all be wrong. The truth is coming out but Government bodies still want to discret it all. I know what goes into vaccines, you only have to read the manufacturer's label and many of the ingredients are toxic. It's no wonder why there has been a big explosion in behavioural disorders over the last decade (and vaccines are not the only culprit).

There are plenty of books out there that present a whole range of far-fetched subjects as the truth, and yes, on some of those subject all the books are wrong. Many people just seem to love to believe absurd statement, and create hype around these. I don't know why _ I guess they find ordinary life too boring.

I don't believe that the MMR jab causes autism, and as far as I know the evidence for this has been invalidated rather than increased. But of course mercury is not a particularly good thing to have in one's body anyway.

I think that the big explosion in behavioural disorders is more due to increased diagnostic skills of diagnosing bodies, and also due to society being less tolerant of anything that does not fit into a very narrowly defined box of 'normal' .

I should make several points clearer:

I swallow garlic clovers whole and do not chew them, so there is no smell of garlic on me

I stated that the MMR jab increases the Asberger traits, not 'causes' Asberger's; the mercury preservative within the MMR is thought to be the cause of increased Asberger traits

I am interested and not 'hell bent' in legal action; if there is little chance of winning of course I will not bother

with what? everything in both posts so far?

I can't see where there is a suggestion that AS can be reversed.

references? the ones I used to come to my view are the standard peer reviewed medical ones, anyone can find them. Am interested in seeing what you have found on the other side

slight diversion: when I was teaching I did two evening classes a term. Better than evens that there was someone with a smell that made the other students avoid them - BO, food smells (especially garlic), aftershave or perfume. Saddest was the chap who was open that he'd come hoping to meet people - and he reeked of this really heavy scent. I bottled out of telling him why nobody wanted to be his partner for some of the exercises but looking back.... I do wonder if he was as lost as me in social situations and it would have been kinder to mention it? :(

was that multi quoting and sandbagging on roberts post neccersary? we keep this as a place of respect, thats numero uno! 5 posts to your name? i hope you arnt another one of those that just comes here to argue.

welcome aboard by the way champ.

Absolutely stunned ASwarrior. Where is the respect for me in your post?

I replied to newbies interesting post and Robert and I were talking about it. Discussing it. On a discussion board. I think that's what this place is?

I was going to ask about swallowing the garlic whole but I don't think I can do that now. I don't think I know what this place is for. I lurked for ages to try to make sure I got it right.

Are you a moderator that you can just be horrid to a new poster like this? How do you reconcile your aggression with what you say?

What's wrong with multi-quoting? isn't that what the tool is for? I was interested in what Robert was saying and didn't want to miss anything. If you are ASD I guess you don't have the same sequencing issues as me.

And what is wrong with 5 posts? Are people only allowed to have 4? or is it wrong to comment on stuff people write? Maybe I shouldn't have said congratulations to the person who managed to get through the red tape and get a diagnosis for her child? That would mean I had only 4 posts and this would be 5 and then you wouldn't have been so rude.

I looked for rules and guidlines before posting and I didn't see anything that says about how many posts you can be interested in or anything about sandbagging which I don't understand.

Going back to lurking. Way to go for making new people welcome - totally stunning job.

By the way, I joined 25 July 2010 (I think). How long would a new person have to wait so that when they post aswarrior doesn't do this to them?

I was shouted at by youths on the bus today becuase I was too slow in co-ordinating moving down to a seat.

Coming back to you doing this feels like just one more bit of being bullied for being spectrum.

I hope you have really enjoyed this becuase it's wrecked my day.

Going back to lurking. People here have too much good info to not read what they put but I'm guess you want to keep being allowed to post just for people you like and approve of. What I don't understand is how you decided you hated me enough to do this. It is /just/ like the people on the bus.

It wouldn't occur to me to take legal action over the MMR jab becuase there is no good evidence that it is involved.

No-one is really saying that MMR causes autism. The argument is that is can make autism worse in those that are genetically predisposed to being on the spectrum. And yes there is a huge body of evidence proving this concept. Remember the people who chased Wakefield and his colleagues are the same people who hacked into private voicemails. Brian Deer will be called to account one day.

I'll bet everything I have that in 25 years time Big Pharma and governments ( especially UK and USA) will have to come clean on the fact that they knew it was happening. Things only become more open when it costs more treat a condition than it does to cover it up. E.g. smoking

dude chill, really. i just felt you were being a touch harsh on robert there, and hes a guy i consider a friend on here.

Thank you Warrior, I really appreciate your kind comments - seriously :cheers:

Newbie 101, how have you got around your communication problems? You say you had some success

robert7111a

My communication problems are not expressing emotion when talking, hard to look someone in the eye for more than a few seconds, and not understanding lingo or office speak. I have gotten around the lingo speak by learning it all before starting a job, and have had to train myself to look people in the eye when talking to them.

It is good that you have managed to compensate for your communication problems.

Can you cope with pubs, cafes and cinemas (private email if you prefer)?

Also i would avoid chorella completely. You might want to google 'Andrew Cutler' as he

has some interesting research about heavy metals and autism. i know of a few groups

that use his protocol for removing heavy metals.

i have some communication cards, including one that says 'i need the loo' i felt i needed

permission to use the loo and tat people were preventing me from going to the loo. Once

i realised they didn't know my internal body states i knew i had to let them know.

Sometimes i avoid asking someone 'how are you?' because im unable to answer the question

myself. i wont lie to that sort of question even white lie, but i might leave out certain parts,

eg "had a problem parking but im ok," might actually be "forgot where the parking spaces were

that i could use and it stressed me out but im trying to be ok"

i think we can overcompensate for our difficulties (or our relatives can) without realising which makes

it extremely difficult to seek help.

I'm afraid the OP is quite mistaken. The MMR vaccine has NEVER contained mercury. It was the diphtheria/tetanus/whooping cough vaccine (given at 2, 3, and 4 months) that used to contain a miniscule amount of mercury preservative. This was phased out quite a few years ago and since there has been no consequent fall in the number of new autism cases, it (the preservative) has generally been ruled out as a possible cause.

It is quite a common mistake, when people confuse two quite separate anti-vaccine theories.