A-S warrior

ideas for some new groups

im just playing the devils advaocate here, but i think it would be nice to add some new groups so 1) new members know who to look out for and who to post and pm too and 2) so the members are regarded for there work.

here are my ideas, the coulor there name will be, and what the roles are:

5 star member - the group that are known for giving frequent and top notch advice and guidence. these members go the extra mile to help and would have moderation rights for the general disscussion and help and advice forum. there are a few names that pop in my head strait away that would be perfect for this group but i wont say who they are.

youth team member - the group for the younger members that are good with helping young members and making them feel happy and welcome. the memebrs that give good advice to teens and young adults, and talk in a way that they understand without being to complicated. again, names come to mind.

entertainers - this ones just for fun, this group are known for being entertaining and the life and soul of the forum, known for there creative topics and playful banter.

just to add, ive created this topic just as a thought and im not suggesting we should go ahead and create new groups. but think about it, with more groups, it would add a new dynamic and feel to the forum. i just think certain members deserve to stand out a bit more, and im talking about the members who have helped me through my realtionship break up, my nan dying, my day to day worrys and all the times when ive needed someone to talk to.

i just think its nice to have credit where credit is due. it isnt just about having a title that necessairily means something.

I think that way back when there used to be some kind of rating system, I believe that there were malicious people who were working together to mess around with the ratings. (this is what I was told - although this was a long time ago that I had this conversation and I may be incorrect, or they may not have been telling the truth).

Would need a longer term member to confirm or dispute that - if anyone remembers, and if my memory is accurate, and if the content of the conversation I had many many months ago was actually based on fact...

this differers from a rating system, the only pepole that can add or remove pepole from a group are admins. it just makes it more fun and will make the commnuity index look pretty with all the different coluor names.

Would you suggest having groups for them too (I am only joking by the way)?

I think the colours are a good idea, but it would take some monitoring and also I think there's more groups of people than the 3 you started us off with - I think it could be problematic in assigning people to groups like that - and personally, I wouldn't know what group I would come under :)

I think there's more groups of people than the 3 you started us off with

indeed.

obvioulsy we couldnt assign everyone to a group, theres over 8000 members. it would just be the usual susspects with a certain skill or posting style.

i,ll do some toilet thinking, and will come up with some more ideas for groups.

Edited by A-S warrior

i,ll do some toilet thinking.

One of those weird situations where one set of results might be interesting to see from that - and then there's a total other set of results that I don't think anyone wants to see :lol::devil:

thought of two more:

insperational mums - the title should be obvious lol

resources expert - pepole who know there stuff on links and organisations.

Edited by A-S warrior

What you want A-S Warrior is a whole separate category all to yourself, namely "King and Master of all, etc, etc, amen!!" that would sit over and above all admins and co thus making this your kingdom.

And then you can have your entertainers, your 5-star members (guardians), admins, YTM's, lurkers and of course the spammers somewhere well below.

What you want A-S Warrior is a whole separate category all to yourself, namely "King and Master of all, etc, etc, amen!!" that would sit over and above all admins and co thus making this your kingdom.

And then you can have your entertainers, your 5-star members (guardians), admins, YTM's, lurkers and of course the spammers somewhere well below.

you mad bro? you have the wrong idea about me lol, im nothing more than a humble court jester.

Edited by A-S warrior

Loving the colours - I wonder how much time you'd lose if you did every single message like that :unsure: it'd look really vibrantly nice though, I get bored of black some days :P

Loving the colours - I wonder how much time you'd lose if you did every single message like that :unsure: it'd look really vibrantly nice though, I get bored of black some days :P

well id first have to decide on the coluor sheme and then keep going back to the couloring grid. could take up to 5-6 hours on some of my longer posts, but hey, its one way to keep my post count down lol

Edited by A-S warrior

But that's what would happen A-S Warrior if you were to categorise people and put them into different pots/tins - it would create a web of favouritism and people would be arguing about who gets to be 5-star and why some people were graded only as 2 star and I'm sure the admins have plenty else to do (and possibly other forums to manage) besides playing politics on this forum.

i have my own forum, and sort of have a system simular. not with all the members just with the moderators. seems to work well beacuse everyone knows there role. and its only a handful of pepole in the groups everyone else is just called a registered user.