A-S warrior

21st of december 2012 (the end of the world) is comming

Can someone please tell me at what time of day this end of the world event is hapening on the 12/12/12. It's just if I am out on my bike I want to know how much space I need, to make sure I leave enough on my sky box to record it in case I miss it. I made the same mistake with the closing ceremony from the Paralympics and only got the first half and guess I missed out on all the fireworks at the end, don't want to make the same mistake again that's all.

Any information appreciated.

Ok, so how long untill the main fireworks. And will there be an hour or so of big speech's which I can miss out because I only want the main action not the reasons as to why its the end of the Earth stuff.

And will the Spice Girls be on again or not, because I suspect McCartney won't get the gig after last time?

Edited by LancsLad

I think they'll talk a load of ###### leading up until the event, maybe 4 or 5 hours worth beforehand I reckon, and it'll be annoying cuz some people actually have stuff to say, but you get bored of the other ones see and might zone off for the important stuff so you have to stay alert for all that time or they'll put you to sleep, and these things always run over, so the fireworks will probably be at about half 1... cuz they couldn't plan a ###### up in a brewery, so the timing might just be a little bit ######

Paul McCartney aint in the final line up, and no Spice Girls either... haven't heard any more news on that yet...

Edited by darkshine

Last time I heard was that they've prepared an excuse for it if we're all still here in 2013 - something to the effect that they "mis-read the ancient scripts and they got the date wrong" so expect to see that one on the news on the 1st January 2013 or soon thereafter! LOL

Paul McCartney ain't in the final line up, and no Spice Girls either... haven't heard any more news on that yet...

I would have thought R.E.M or Sonia would be more germane to the occasion, seeing as they've both been responsible for songs with "end of the world" in the title. :P

I can go with REM - but there should be some element of celebration there too and REM might depress people (dunno why, REM doesn't really depress me - and the song I'm posting does say "and I feel fine") but maybe some other groups with a bit more of an upbeat element to counterbalance the potential depressing effects of REM? :D

Edited by darkshine

And I never really thought about what that song was.... ahh... didn't realise Sonia covered that - sorry Aeolienne but my vote goes with REM, Sonia reminds me of some of the less good examples of Eurovision :oops:

Although I could get outvoted I suppose :peace:

And I never really thought about what that song was.... ahh... didn't realise Sonia covered that - sorry Aeolienne but my vote goes with REM, Sonia reminds me of some of the less good examples of Eurovision

Is that because that's what she was?

Mind you, this did come second...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaz9FL9-8cA

Or how about this one? It's in an imaginary language, so it might just as well be about the end of the world as about any other subject under the sun. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caXxp9dm6Jw

It was totally a lucky guess and a lack of Eurovision knowledge - second isn't bad - I dislike the song - but second aint bad :lol:

Or how about this one? It's in an imaginary language, so it might just as well be about the end of the world as about any other subject under the sun. ;)

See, I don't mind this one, even if the language is imaginary and it could be about anything.

Some people might think Eurovision is quite apt for the end of the world :devil:

Hooray, we're stil alive!!

Oh, the good ol' days of blissful innocence, 'off the wall' antics, and unbelievably BAD grammar. 

It's just funny how I don't remember a single forum post. It feels like a previous incarnation - or even the residual haze from a barely memorable dream.  

I wasn't dyslexic either, I was just bone-idle.

20 minutes ago, Gold MD said:

Bah humbug. :P

Nope. We are still here. But COVID is here too. :crying:

Do you think that COVID will still be a big problem in a years time?

Merry Christmas.

On 9/25/2012 at 10:10 PM, Aeolienne said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaz9FL9-8cA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caXxp9dm6Jw