darkshine

What does everyone think of the status updates?

Post title says it all but I guess I could repeat it slightly differently cuz I just change my mind on the wording :D

What do you think of the status updates?

Edited by darkshine

I think you can only have one status update at a time so to update it - just post a new update (you don't have to wait for it to be pushed down).

But to be honest I think they add another dimension to the forum. Better still would be to have some kind of chat-box we can shout 'hi' to in real-time but have that curtained from non-members.

Edited by Mike_GX101

Which might look a bit moody, maybe? Nah, the way I see it that a status is a long-term commitment, for better or worse, lol, which is one reason I might not commit for a while.

Why are they called "status" updates?

Cuz my ''status'' might be lots of things... I might be hungry - would that be worth putting there?

What if I had a problem, or was angry, or whatever...

Do you think it encourages people to put irrelevant stuff...

And if it encourages people to put relevant stuff - then is it discouraging them from making actual topics that might get better responses?

Just a few examples to throw out there into the ether if anyone has an opinion :D

Perhaps I'm being naive but what is the point of a status update and who cares?

I could be at work (does anyone care?)...I could be having a cup of tea (does anyone care about that?) or I could be scratching my $£"! (and would anyone really care about that?)...

Perhaps I'm a bit dull and need educating... :unsure:

I guess that's what I was saying in a round about way - no harm having it said more clearly though :D

I could be at work (does anyone care?)...I could be having a cup of tea (does anyone care about that?) or I could be scratching my $£"! (and would anyone really care about that?)...

Perhaps I'm a bit dull and need educating... :unsure:

I feel the same way Robert - but then I've never had the urge to 'twitter'!

Well some people post everything don't they - if they did it, they posted it - photos and all. That's just how some people are. And when you get people like that you're going to have other people like that wanting to hear from people just like them who also want to share anything and everything.