Sa Skimrande

Brainsex Matters- research

Having just completed this test and read up much on it, I have to agree, it is an interesting insight and so bring it here for others to have a go and learn and perhaps contribute to ongoing research;

http://www.brainsexmatters.com/index.php

As to understand in the General References, Baron-Cohens work is there and he being the top bod on adult AS, I am kind of interested when I see his ideas in relation to what I come across.

Oh and I scored 10

I'm male, right handed, my score was 7, my index fingers are shorter than my ring fingers.

and yes, I am aware of my own anima.

Edited by raydon

It's interesting these results, as what is AS, maybe scientists are only scratching the surface and perhaps the more the diagnosed AS get involved with in terms of research the quicker we will come to exactly what this is.

But as said, I scored 10 and so I inhabit the white square right in the middle, but diagnosed as XXY, I wonder if it is surprising, but I will be forwarding my results to the research group.

Oh and hands, my second finger is the same length as the ring finger and my fingers curve in towards the middle just like the females in my family.

But research I like !

Edited by Sa Skimrande

I scored a 7...so the gender of my brain is more male, which is a relief! I am male so I'm glad about that one!

I'm right-handed but there is no difference in length of fingers between my two hands on a quick-comparison level although there may be microscopic variations I cannot measure at this present time.

I like the way the scoring works although some of the questions are a bit of a case of "yes and no" leaving the score possible a little fudged at the end depending on your mood. Like doing wheelies on bikes...there is no real natural inclination to do wheelies on bikes as bikes are human inventions and so it is something you have to learn to do and then like/dislike (hardly a natural inclination!) - you also need a bike and not all kids get bikes. I also prefer to use both maps and landmarks for navigation (anyone else here use OS maps??). And then some things you've learned to counteract and can no longer agree with...again this means your naturally inclined brain gender may again be miscorrectly identified at the end.

The same happens with other tests where our descriptions for experiences might not 'fit' with the description the professional is asking about on a questionnaire and before you can accurately answer you'd need to identify what it is they really mean. Many tests have a face-value effect only and there is no way to ask for further information. This may mean your answer has been placed on a misperceived reading of what the question is asking and the end result becomes fudged and misrepresentative of real life.

Edited by Mike_GX101

wow I am 8, I have a male brain LOL

Me too! I scored 6.

My hands are female, though.

Edited by In Exile

I'm 5 but I was a bit unsure about how to answer a couple of the questions...

Index fingers on both hands marginally shorter than ring fingers...

I'm a man!

I have a man's brain but my fingers are definitely female both my index fingers are noticeably longer than my ring fingers!

I'm 10 so I'm neither a man or a woman or I'm both

My index finger is longer than the ring finger on my left hand (palm facing) but shorter than the ring finger on my right hand

So...am I male or female, both or neither !! :lol: :lol:

I scored a 7...so the gender of my brain is more male, which is a relief! I am male so I'm glad about that one!

I'm right-handed but there is no difference in length of fingers between my two hands on a quick-comparison level although there may be microscopic variations I cannot measure at this present time.

I like the way the scoring works although some of the questions are a bit of a case of "yes and no" leaving the score possible a little fudged at the end depending on your mood. Like doing wheelies on bikes...there is no real natural inclination to do wheelies on bikes as bikes are human inventions and so it is something you have to learn to do and then like/dislike (hardly a natural inclination!) - you also need a bike and not all kids get bikes.

I think the reference here regarding bikes is are you daring to try and ride the thing on one wheel not the two it was designed for and to test that question, do you like going fast as opposed to slow. Me wheelies I have tried and failed because everyone else was doing them and succeeding at the time and speed, nope, I don't like going fast as it requires one to think fast and react fast and I am too lazy for that.

I also prefer to use both maps and landmarks for navigation (anyone else here use OS maps??). And then some things you've learned to counteract and can no longer agree with...again this means your naturally inclined brain gender may again be miscorrectly identified at the end.

I like maps and always used to draw them for fun and I do collect the old OS one inch maps as the detail on them is good, but I can also navigate by landmarks and compass, particularly a sighting compass in conjunction with a map. But if I were to give directions, I ask people to be wary, as I get my lefts and rights mixed up and have driven to directions before and gone the wrong way through mixing up left and right.

The same happens with other tests where our descriptions for experiences might not 'fit' with the description the professional is asking about on a questionnaire and before you can accurately answer you'd need to identify what it is they really mean. Many tests have a face-value effect only and there is no way to ask for further information. This may mean your answer has been placed on a misperceived reading of what the question is asking and the end result becomes fudged and misrepresentative of real life.

Life isn't as simple as a yes and no answer, we are not computers and so how do we expect binary to work with us, but of questions which could be mood variable I have tried the test a few ways and end up in much the same place, i.e. around 10, in the middle and so I understand my thinking is not typically male or female, it is in fact both at the same time, which can produce perhaps a rather unique view and not typically anything but may have an essence of the binaries in it.

And my sense of the questionnaire is of every question asked, that question is reinforced by other questions to determine the difference between a mood answer and a true answer and perhaps if this is the case what people think might be mood variable the test initiators are getting their answer as the true answer.

Maybe?

Okay, I posted this subject on another groups where aspies congregate and have come up with some interesting stuff regards the finger thing, where it was mentioned the length of the ring finger in relation to other fingers is an indictor of testosterone levels when one was in the womb where studies have been carried out on various people from various groups with interesting results indicating one's choices in life might have more to do with testosterone than actual choice and Simon Baron-Cohens; ''extreme male brain'' theory of autism also seems to rely on testosterone levels one is exposed to in the womb, where it is suggested by others testosterone levels could be the trigger that determines male or female and all this comes from the mother.