Willow-Tree

The Girl In The Panda Hat

Hiya :)

I've finally finished my book of short stories and poetry. It really has been a long time coming, but I felt now was the right time.

I wrote all of it's content a few years ago whilst I was a teenager going through a really rough time with school/friends etc. as well as trying to get diagnosed and to top it off whilst going through/recovering from a nervous breakdown.

I've decided to release it because I feel it would help other people to read it and know that they're not alone and that no matter how bad it is, it can turn out okay in the end - like it has done for me, although, believe me, I wouldn't have thought I could ever be okay!

I'm really hopeful that this can help other people - I feel like reading something similar would have helped me to feel less alone in the world.

Just so you know, I have Aspergers, Dyspraxia, Dyscalculia, Attention Deficit Disorder and Scotopic Sensitivity.

Here is a video I just did to go with the release of the book:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21SE5sGyLdE

And here is where you can buy the book from: http://www.blurb.co.uk/bookstore/detail/3783673

Thanks so much for reading - and for your support on this forum whilst I was going through a hard time in school.

Please share with anyone who you think this book might help - thank you

*hugs*

WillowHope

That's really inspirational WillowHope.

It is wonderful to hear someone's story, who has made it through to the other side, I expect it has also given you strength, especially having to reread your old thoughts. I do hope your book connects and helps others.

It is so hard to finally let go of a project.. and..publish. Well done!

Thanks raydon :) It was hard to go back through it, but yes it did make me feel a lot stronger, knowing that I got through it.

I've always been told i should write a book, but in typical me fashion i can't be botherd lol. I was writting a book just before i joined this place, but then i joined and just decided to help people via the forums, that plus some of the people ive met here would give me no option but to completley re write the book. I had the awnsers, but everybody changed the questions. Maybe i'll try again one day, but that will be after alot more crunching on this place, and to get a better understanding. My aspergers is almost NT, so i'm very high functioning, so it's easy for me, to say it's easy to live with, when it has been quite easy to live with!

I was writing a book, a non poetry one, years ago but I'm only just looking at it again and I hope for it to be finished in the first half of next year. I just felt the poetry one reflected the dark parts of Aspergers, which sometimes people don't write about, which is why I decided to just self publish it and get it out there.