Photo

Gutted! Can't play the drums for about 4 weeks!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lizzy-wilson

lizzy-wilson

Scafell Pike

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Music, drumming..more music, tracking storms (tornadoes), gardening...to a certain extent. Looking after my nieces.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

Went to the physio this afternoon...don't think she was very impressed with me as was my mum.
I have an inflamed tendon in my shoulder, had it for getting on three weeks now; just getting use to using my arm again these last two days at work - Shoulder didn't agree with drumming last night, only managed three songs then today we've been emptying a 40ft container that was full of machinery and when I say machinery I mean Chocolate machines and conveyor belts with big motors on them, well that didn't agree either so am in quite a bit of pain.

So wen't for my appointment and have been told to use my arm as little as possible and that I should NOT drum under any circumstances for up to 4 weeks!!! Arrrhhhh.....I miss drumming so much! I have a gig at the end of December so am hoping that I should be sorted by then.

I think I may go an take some painkillers.

Not happy.

#2 Miss Understood : (

Miss Understood : (

Norfolk Broads

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Angry Birds Green Pigs a.k.a Bad Piggies
    Horses and Horse Riding
    3DS (Animal Crossing,The Sims 3, Super Mario Kart 7, Proffesor Layton)

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

Hope you get better soon .

P.S My sister is a drummer .

#3 lizzy-wilson

lizzy-wilson

Scafell Pike

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Music, drumming..more music, tracking storms (tornadoes), gardening...to a certain extent. Looking after my nieces.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

My dads a drummer...kind of runs in the family but he can play all sorts whereas I just tend to stick to the drums!

What kind of drums or music does she play to?

#4 Aeolienne

Aeolienne

Kilimanjaro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1124 posts
  • Interests:Baroque music, green issues (esp. renewable energy), hillwalking, Quakerism, reading (astronomy, fiction, popular science), practical conservation, art exhibitions, royal-watching

Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:38 PM

Have you tried osteopathy for your shoulder?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users