Bluesbreaker

I got a job.... although it is temp....

Been a while since I was on here...

have been struggling with varying degrees of thought patterns over the last 4 or 5 months but I have felt slightly happier as I have got a job with marks and spencers until the 29th december, anything after that is in the hands of the gods as they say.

I started back in october and I am liking it a fair bit, nice people to work with (bar one but I shall explain later), the canteen serves nice hot food and it's near to where I live.

The only real annoying thing about the job is tidying up after the public, it amazes me how something which takes me 20 mins to tidy up and get perfectly neat on display gets ruined within seconds... however that's retail for you. I'm not doing anything special, just tills, tidying up and mes fitting room work, its alright, its quite social but with it being really busy I get tired out very quickly.

the one person I don't get on with/ struggle to tolerate is another lad, he's 7 years older than me yet our personailites and behaviours are so closely related its starting to grate a little. I can work with him as and when I need to but I rather wouldn't and the managers feel the same as well. it doesn't help because if I am near someone loud I talk louder without knowing it and they need me to be quieter, which I have nailed unless I am working with this other guy. the managers know about this and we have made agreements regarding it so everything is running smoothly again :)

Just so worried about not having a job after the 29th though and January is a bad time for jobs :(

perosnal update as well,

those of you regulars who know me, well the problems i had with a previous employer have been left behind... I sought legal advice but didn't go through with it as I wish pretty stressed from a full time call centre job and as a result I had colic spasms and some sickness, so I had to leave it behind me, for which I feel better.

I was also diagnosed with an underactive thyroid problem! so I am now on thyroxine to help me out :)

Hey a job is a job, And it's not unusual for temp jobs to transulate into a full time job, as it saves the employer re hiring. espeshilly if you make a good impression. (who are they most likely to take on? someone who's proved themselves? or gamble with a new guy?)

Edited by A-S warrior

Hey a job is a job, And it's not unusual for temp jobs to transulate into a full time job, as it saves the employer re hiring. espeshilly if you make a good impression. (who are they most likely to take on? someone who's proved themselves? or gamble with a new guy?)

always a fair point but word has it that they took on loads of Permanent staff back in July.... we shall see, but fingers crossed.

Congratulations on your job and hope the thyroxine is helping you function better.

Congratulations on your job and hope the thyroxine is helping you function better.

it is slowly helping thanks,

the doctor has just upped my dosage so we shall see more improvements over the next month or two