Sign in to follow this  
Sa Skimrande

ESA3 form?

The ESA3 form I am trying to fill one of these things out at the moment and I am finding it wholly confusing and there in the back of my head is the suspicion this form is laden with traps besides the fact it just does not make sense in a lot of it's parts where the form is erratic in it's where to go next. I am taking a break as it has given me a rare head ache, but I have to get on with this form as it has already laid in my post box for weeks me not understanding what it was until it hit a few days ago with 'oh my god'. Of course I know the consequences of late submission, but I feel the job centre doesn't care and quite frankly, neither do I

I should care, but it is in my mind there is evil being allowed to prosper in this country and by hook or by crook I will be forced to go back to work whether I am ready or not as one of the illogical questions in the form asks if one is intending to go back to work of which I ticked yes and it wants a date I am intending to go back to work where they must have this fantasy idea that one can get a job just like that on a specific date as if it was that easy, but it is indicative of the disconnect there seems to be between us and them.

But reading elsewhere this form is designed to be confusing and it is laden with traps where the intent is to hinder not help, how far this country has fallen where the poorest are now treated with suspicion and even hatred for this form comes across strongly as ideology laden, it is clear what is going on here.

But this lot, does anyone know anything about them ;

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/home

I just struggle with forms, always have done but this one makes no sense in many places and so the intuition suggests it is designed to trap, where further intuition suggests we have gone from a country that cared to one that doesn't care.

Oh and where there is with other forms guidance notes, there is not with this.

If I had known when I was younger what I know now, I would have got out of this country.

To be honest I have not and that through their past attitude when the CAB on behalf of me tried to access services that I needed and was told no what help there is is not for the late diagnosed as the funding is not there.

This morning I have tried to ring around all the help groups that I know and they are all over subscribed for I understand this form is causing a lot of problems with a lot of people and as ever it is on a first come first served basis where as usual I have left it too late through fear of filling in forms, especially forms that my survival hinge on.

But as per your suggestion I have just tried the local NAS website and found they run meetings for carers and parents of once a month but nothing is said about them helping the affected so I suppose it is more of the same though they would perhaps like to help the funding isn't there.

It is a horrible form - worse than the DLA one. We have to go to an ESA medical on Sunday for my son (even though he was assessed as in the WRAGroup in Jan and given it for 2 years. But he got a job that did not work out, so we are back at the beginning again!). I am not looking forward to it.

WRAG i hear is awful. They pressure u into finding work or lose the benefits so i hear. I never even had a medical - when i got changed from income support/incapacity and had six months later to fill out again and still receiving again in support group.

Well, there's a plus anyway, a friend who works for disabilities organisations to incude the autistic from his location up north is going to help me sort this form out through Yahoo messenger as I have found on line through the website ;

http://www.whatdothe...a3_form_request

The ESA3 form of which my friend has downloaded to have a look at and advise me of what I should be filling in, but he agrees it is not a nice form and he can see where I have indicated I believe it is laden with traps, but he will be circulating what he is finding out around his work colleagues for this form is becoming a problem for many and it is possible his profession will come across problems caused by it- a case of forewarned is forearmed perhaps.

But for the interested various freedom of information requests made to the DWP are very revealing just what they think of us, where I have discovered through the DWP handbook of medical conditions what I have is not even listed, which does not bode well one bit.

Edited by Sa Skimrande

Well, we went 20 miles to the medical assessment and were there all of 10 minutes. She said she had enough evidence from the ESA50 and notes, and said she did not know why we had been called in. What a waste of everyone's time. Hopefully he wil stay in the WRAGroup.

WRAG group is the one where i think by 365 day of the year u have to find work and have to attend the activity group and are expected to find work, whereas the support group u can just volunteer if u want and not expected to find work

Well, I had my online ESA3 chat today, and the form is now sorted and away tomorrow, but my friend agreed that form was particularly evil and not friendly to do, but now given he has the form it will be circulated in case it comes up again.

Thanks to ;

Whatdotheyknow.com, the freedom of information test website.