Sign in to follow this  
lynyona

Transition from Incapacity to ESA

I recieved a letter from DWP today telling me that kierans(26) incapacity is changing to ESA and they will ring me in two weeks to discuss this.If ESA assessing goes the same as my husbands did im in trouble.He had to go and have the said medicals husbands is physical disability and we arae in the process of appeal which as been ongoing since september 2012 so he s only actually getting jsa rate until tribunal date like many others are.Kieran rarely ever leaves the house very rarely talks to anyone he doesnt knoiw with one word answers yes or no there is no way that he would get to one of these medical assessment things and there is no way he would ever be able to go out to work.Surely ther must be other criterias for assessing things like autism and aspergers or other related conditions.As anyone else already gone through the transition already then i know what to expect

Yow Dawg!!! You have to been seen my a doctor instead of a 'health care professional' if your on the spectrum so they're going to be more impartial and more qualified in assessing people. Yeah you get me innit dawg.

Ive just re read the letter again and they are going to send out a Limited Capability for work questionairre and then they will decide if he needs to have an ATOS assessment which he has to attend if he is required one...good luck with that one me thinks lol

Ive just re read the letter again and they are going to send out a Limited Capability for work questionairre and then they will decide if he needs to have an ATOS assessment which he has to attend if he is required one...good luck with that one me thinks lol

That is the one I had. Its long form and stressful. I suggest u get someone to help fill out that form its very wordy and u have to use the right words. I got autism service to do mine as i was struggling and apparently support workers didnt word it correctly. Once filled out the atos will ring to confirm and then will confirm when paid and whether placed in support group or Work related activity group, where u do have to attend the sessions at the job centre. I rang atos up concerned about medical and they said i wont need a medical. If u have any queries relating to it, call the atos like i did.

I agree with special talent it is well worth getting in touch with ATOS, as I did. My son didn't need a medical and was also put in the support group.

Adult MHT told me I should be entitled to ESA as well as DLA ( my mums my appointee) they said refer me to the correct team to look into this further as only do five hours a week ! On annual contract as lunchtime supervisor do an hour a lunchtime are they correct- would I we entitled to it at all do you know?!

Adult MHT told me I should be entitled to ESA as well as DLA ( my mums my appointee) they said refer me to the correct team to look into this further as only do five hours a week ! On annual contract as lunchtime supervisor do an hour a lunchtime are they correct- would I we entitled to it at all do you know?!

Actually having an appointee was a big help in getting me my DLA, plus it scores you high of the ESA test around managing money.

Im kierans appointee can you explain to me what this support group thing is all about my husband goes to this back to work support thing through ESA and if thats what it is i would sstill have difficulty with kieran has he doesnt leave the house and at 6ft 2 i cant really drag him out kicking and screaming .I think i will have to ring this atos place i might wait untill the benifits place ring me and i will put my questions to them first.

You have to qualify a number of points to be entitled to ESA smiley, it will be a different questionaire for smiley though because she not being transferred from IS/IB to ESA, she applying for ESA

Im kierans appointee can you explain to me what this support group thing is all about my husband goes to this back to work support thing through ESA and if thats what it is i would sstill have difficulty with kieran has he doesnt leave the house and at 6ft 2 i cant really drag him out kicking and screaming .I think i will have to ring this atos place i might wait untill the benifits place ring me and i will put my questions to them first.

Being placed in support group is good, because you dont have to work nor do u attend an actual support group at the job centre. You are allowed ot do voluntary work though.

Edited by Special_talent123