Aura Todd

Winston Churchill quotes

If you're going through hell, keep going.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

Never, never, never give up.

Nancy Astor: “Sir, if you were my husband, I would give you poison.”
Churchill: “If I were your husband I would take it.”

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly....

This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

According to Mary S Lovell's biography of the Mitford sisters, both Oswald Mosley and Winston Churchill regarded Mussolini as "the most interesting man in Europe".

Interesting article from Scientific American: Winston Churchill, Astrobiologist

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/winston-churchill-astrobiologist/

Churchill also foresees genetic engineering:

Microbes, which at present convert the nitrogen of the air into the proteins by which animals live, will be fostered and made to work under controlled conditions, just as yeast is now. New strains of microbes will be developed and made to do a great deal of our chemistry for us.

Including lab-grown meat:

With a greater knowledge of what are called hormones, i.e. the chemical messengers in our blood, it will be possible to control growth. We shall escape the absurdity of growing a whole chicken in order to eat the breast or wing, by growing these parts separately under a suitable medium.

And artificial wombs:

There seems little doubt that it will be possible to carry out in artificial surroundings the entire cycle which now leads to the birth of a child.

Winston Churchill, futurist: Fusion, artificial wombs, and lab-grown meat