Aura Todd

What tablet please? Apple I pad mini 16gb, or Google nexus 10?

Hi I would like a tablet for I Player, U Tube and Spotify or Last Fm. Facebook games: eg bookworm, bubble witch, tetris, scrabble etc. Also want to read emails and surf the net.

Do you think the Apple I pad mini is better then the Google Nexus 10 please? I have been told that if I put a Avast virus guard on the Nexus, then it could slow it down? many thanks and hope you can help me?

I have an Apple iPad. It depends what u want to use with them I find apple beneficial with my autism and stuff. One think apple doesn't have is virus protection that's because it doesn't need it as it's safe unless jail broken

I looked at one in an Apple store yesterday which had a retina screen and a A7 chip, the one i was going to buy had an A5 chip. This one with the A7 is about £319, so I might save up for it. Looked at one in Maplins which is a Prestigio 10.1 Inch 8GB Quad Core Android Tablet Black

http://www.maplin.co.uk/prestigio-10.1inch-wifi-quad-core-android-tablet-black-815853

Has anyone heard of that one please?

I have ipad and it's great but I dislike the way Apple does business. It locks everything down and milks money out of everything. There are a lot of good free apps on android than ios.

The implementation of the software for the tablet is best for an Ipad no doubt about it. So those apps you mentioned I think are better on the ipad, however there is no support for flash games on ipad and the work around isn't as good as android.

Hardware wise the ipad mini retina easily trumps the nexus.

We were talking about this last night. My son wants a tablet for college and home use. He's used my Nexus 7 in the past and broke it so there's had to be a lot of discussion. The main thing to me is which platform phone you use, or have more experience with? I use an Android phone and can't abide Apple phones/ipods, because they're totally different and less user friendly to me. My husband, who has an iphone, can't get on with Android (he's a blind user and the iphone's Voiceover is better than Android's Talkback). You also need to think of compatibility with other devices, if you have an Android phone you may not be able to use the same apps or connect them to an ipad. My gut says not to get Dan an ipad because one they're vastly overpriced for quite low specs compared to the top Android tablets, and two Dan has an Android phone.

The OP has probably purchased by now, but for anyone reading this, I can recommend an iPad, I have had mine for a while and have used it a lot.

I think going for a "cheap" brand may turn out to be a false economy, as if it's frustrating to use, you simply won't use it at all. So yeah, saving up and getting an iPad is not a bad idea.

One thing I haven't missed at all with my rather low spec iPad2, is having lots of Storage, mine is only 16GB, and I'm glad I didn't pay much more for a 64GB or 128GB or something. The other major consideration is whether it is Wi-Fi only, or actually has a sim in it. so you can get online nearly anywhere. Mine is Wi-Fi only because I'm usually at home or somewhere I can connect to the local wi-fi network. If you wanted to use it in the car or on the train/bus, then you might consider it worth getting one with a sim card, but that seems like an expensive extra to me.

I have got the Samsung tab 3 and I am very pleased with it, apart from one time the screen suddenly blacked out but that was only once.

I have got the Samsung tab 3 and I am very pleased with it, apart from one time the screen suddenly blacked out but that was only once.

Ah, Good -' glad you found something your pleased with :)