nicciandsteve

Hi all, i have a few questions.

Hi all new to the forum, i may a few questions as the aspergers is new to me and i haven't had a diagnosis as of yet (except as below).

When i was at school i was diagnosed with aspergers and adhd, it was a very new-ish subject and nothing was taken any further as my parents were just getting divorced, i am now 37

I have had a problem plague my life for as long as i can remember.

The symptoms i have are as follows: (some sound a little strange)

can't settle, chop and change in my life studying and working.

do not like meeting new people at all or going places i don't know.

I do not understand people or there inefficiency, so much so it can actually madden me, because it quite litterally does not compute with me.

My hand writing is terrible and spelling is passable.

I don't like a break from my routine.

Absolutely can be as rude as hell or inappropriate (not meaning to be), incredibly honest to the point of rudeness.

Has been known for me to fly off the handle at stupid things.

Totally impossible to change my mind over things especially if i'm annoyed.

When i do get annoyed its like i can't control myself and has been known for me to have a memory loss as well, like there is a fog or storm in my head.

I can work to absolute exhaustion and can't under stand why other people get tired.

I only sleep a few hours and my mind keeps spinning alot.

I obsess over my hobbies, but find them quite reassuring.

I can drift off easily and become forgetful, at this point i can talk to people and totally forget what i have said if my focus is elsewhere.

I can have panic attacks.

I have never been violent with it but it comes across as a terrible demeanor.

Does any of this sound familiar? there are probably more things i have forgotten.

Hello and welcome to the ASD forum

I have included some weblinks in the hope you can find something to help.

http://www.autismhampshire.org.uk/

http://www.autismhampshire.org.uk/local-autism-directory/directory/

As for the symptoms you display dyslexic characteristics alongside autistic ones. The handwriting and spelling are signs of dyslexia.

The unable to settle or sleep can be an ADHD behaviour as well.

The poor memory can be a combination of things and does occur in Autism, ADHD and dyslexia.

Hope you find some help from Autism Hampshire as they would know more about how to get a autism diagnosis.

lot of difficulties & issues you have described and listed you can point towards direction of mixture combination of ASD & ADHD , I can personally relate and empathise to what you have posted as I also struggle with issues,difficulties you have described!

your mind spinning .fly off handle over stupid things ,drift off easily and so forgetful ,feeling unsettled ,restless ,irritable , can't swap and change quickly in routine suddenly - this I would say mainly classic ADHD symptoms really can overlap with AS too

I struggled with balance of seesaw feeling constantly unsettled ,restless ,irritable frustrated , the list is endless - could do on forever really to be honest! and no wonder effects self-esteem knocks you back so can't move on productively

not coping with change in routine, feel uncomfortable ,unsettled ,anxious meeting new people or new environment or surroundings! ,obsessive over hobbies inappropriate comments or behaviour seen as 'rude' by society or public find people hard ,difficult relate to understand - this is classic ASD symptoms ,but once again can fall into both related conditions is not uncommon!