soraya

Buisness venture

My son is wanting to set up his own business, I think this is going to be the only way forward for him as everything else seems to have failed for him. My question is, does anyone out there know if there are any grants available for disabled people to start their own business, I'm sure that I have read that there is, but I may be wrong!!

Prospects don't offer support to autistic jobseekers any more, only training for employers. :(

has he tried crowdsourcing?

you didn't explain what business idea he's come up with so it's hard to know if my suggestion is appropriate.

but for certain sorts of ideas, I've heard crowdsourcing potentially rally to good ideas, if they thought it was a good investment.

I would like to add the down side though to crowd sourcing...

which is they will then have a share in his business (and the profits),

where as a "loan" from government or mates, would allow him to retain exclusive control of the profits.

I'm posting again to add some additional information that I've only learnt in the last few days, which might be of value.

re: the "Neal Stephenson" Kick-starter issue in the recent press.

(Kick-starter is a crowd sourcing site.)

I incorrectly assumed that all contributors to business ideas on such sites, would wish to be investors

(and hence wish for a return on their investment. i.e. a share in the business.)

but it would appear, that people on crowdsourcing can and do just contribute because they want to see the business idea promoted :)

....and have no wish for a return of their money.

Thanks for the replies, my son is fishing mad, and he is producing his own freshwater fishing baits, he is very keen, and his uncle has let him use his garage, he had sorted ingredients and packaging, we just need to do some advertising, and wait for the orders, so fingers crossed!!