halilind

leaving school.

Hi all,

Well James leaves school on Friday then big wait to start college in Sept. He is going to school prom in couple of weeks which im glad about. Anyone been through this transition? Hints/ tips gratefully received.

It's an up and down time, I remember. My lad is now 20, so not that long ago. Where is he going to college, is it a mainstream and what subject is he doing? Does he have anything planned for the time before he starts, it's a long time isn't it! Does he have friends to meet up with?

~ Mel ~

The right support wasn't available for me at the time which resulted in a breakdown a few years later. Now age mid 30s I am trying to get my masters done. We get there in the end with the right support. Theres plenty of literature around about Aspergers and adolescence or college.

Hi all,

College Calderdale (Halifax) mainstream but xtra help from tutors. Doing Creative Media. Does have friends but not voluntarily sociable. Goes on trips from Mayfield trust in Aug for a week so that gets him out.