Mooni

Driving Tests

Hi,

It's been a while since I first posted on this website. Fast-forward a year, and I'm about to start a part-time teaching job in my current workplace, and I've failed my driving test 3 times. I was diagnosed with ASD at the end of last year, and am no looking to take my test again (fourth time lucky?)

When I applied for my Provisional licence 2 years ago, I wasn't aware that I may have ASD. Nor was I really aware until recently. As such, my Provisional has no information about disabilities etc. On the DVLA Test booking site, it requires that medical conditions are disclosed. How does that work when the diagnosis is only made after the Provisional Licence has been granted? Do I need to change anything? Do I need to submit the DVLA M1 form before I apply for another test?

I'm so confused. Any advice will be greatfully received!

Thanks

M

Does your asd affect your ability to drive a car? If not then no need to disclose your asd.

NAS have a list of asd friendly driving instructors I think.

I wouldn't have thought so. It shouldn't affect your driving abilty as already mentioned.

Ps good luck, I wasn't a natural driver and really struggled with learning, but I love it now :-)