LittleBoyBlue

Fed up with being on my own

Hi.

I have AS and live in the UK. I decided last year that I was fed up being on my own. I met two women on a course I did. One had emotional difficulties as well and was abused by her previous boyfriend. She couldn't cope with an LTR with me because of the AS and her own difficulties. Her friend from the course also wanted a relationship with me but I didn't want one with her. I met two more women in Wrongplanet chat. Both were American (my mistake) and I live in the UK. One cared for me enough to want to marry me to be with me in the UK and the other just loved me. This couldn't work because of the distances involved but it has made me feel so lonely. Are there any social groups (doesn't have to be aimed at dating) in and around London that I could try? Or maybe a popular chat room with mainly UK chatters?

Edited by LittleBoyBlue

I'm not in the London area, so don't have anything personal experience of groups to give you.

The only thing I can think of is if you contact the National Autistic Society as there must be local groups in London. Whether you would want to volunteer some time to the NAS itself, and meet people that way - or if there is a specific NAS group in the London area that meets for social purposes??

Let us know if you find anything.

There was a contact group in London for aspies in general wishing to meet other aspies

There was a contact group in London for Aspies in general wishing to meet other Aspies

Do you mean this? Autism London Aspergers' Group

cities, be it new york or london, or what ever are very inhuman places to live in.

i've worked in them all,

and none of them have any potential to make friends. it all seemed to me to be at the end of the day about money.

i.e. people would give you time of day, but only if they thought they were making a buck out of it.

as soon as the business was over, you'd be dropped instantly

i've had to go to new york re: business on a few occasions, and i hated it. those people are not real.

the awful thing was i found myself becoming just like them to get the deal done. it was then i backed off, and stopped it.

life is strange eh?

american's have a different view point and phylosophy to us brits?

american's are all into religious stuff. etc.

and they are into hurting innocent countries with their weapnary might, to get what they want.

they aren't cogniative. all they know is what they want.

us brits are different. we know we want stuff, but we aint like yanks,. we are not prepared to kill people.

i mean say for example,

i'd managed to fool the public into paying 20 billion pounds to create some new war ships?

over here in the uk such a concept is not comprehensible. no public member would ever agree to that,

but let's just say they've found enough weirdo american publicans, who were so mentally ill they actually signed it off?

if that happened and i ended up finding such ships were under my command, they would stay in port?

i would like people to know i had em, but i would never deploy them to participate in war, never. there would need to be very serious ethical reasons before any of my war ships were deployed.

such things would never be used to hurt anyone. ever. and i'd have all my best people constantly talking to other countries, and having discussions with them that would result in us never needing to have such weaponry.

& i'd like to think i'd be like them.. or they would be like me, and before a single charge was ever fired, we'd come to a deal/ an arrangement.. break down & dismantle all that stuff.

& i'd be always in touch with a cold war situation. and suggesting if both us didn't have to spend billions on war toys, we could spend it on helping our people?

cause why spend £2 billion on a war ship, when that sort of cash can be spent on a countries people?

Edited by trekster

sorry peoples, i've gone a bit deep on this subject tonight.

but if someone gave me the £2 -> £3 billion they spend on building warships,

i reckon i could save more lives with that cash, than they claim they can save by having said war ships.

the people i could feed and water and cloth and medically take care off with £2 - £3 billion pounds.

one day i hope people will see sense.