Sign in to follow this  
cadburygirl

help with getting a private diagnosis

is there anyone who can recommend someone in the south east of england who can help with a private diagnosis for my son? we've emailed the NAS over 6 weeks ago but still haven't had any reply. tried to call them and was on the phone for half an hour before they told me they were too busy to take my call and to contact them by email!! any advise would be gratefully received.

Does he access mental health services? They could perhaps refer him to the right place. Or else a private psychotherapist might have contacts or know where to go. Have you tried googling 'private AS dx'? I know there is somewhere in South London, I think it's the Maudesley Hospital, who does adult dx but they do have a long waiting list but I think they take self-referral or there is the Tavistock Clinic in North London. Good luck.

~ Mel ~

Does he access mental health services? They could perhaps refer him to the right place. Or else a private psychotherapist might have contacts or know where to go. Have you tried googling 'private AS dx'? I know there is somewhere in South London, I think it's the Maudesley Hospital, who does adult dx but they do have a long waiting list but I think they take self-referral or there is the Tavistock Clinic in North London. Good luck.

~ Mel ~

Hi Mel, no he does not access mental health services. I think he needs to be referred by his GP? thanks for the ideas, I will give it some thought over the next week and look at the sites you have mentioned as I have some time off work.

have a nice weekend.