Canopus

How can I convince people that AS is for real?

There are a certain number of people around who deny that AS is a genuine condition and think that it is all made up and fabricated. Whenever I mention Hans Asperger's papers they make reference to all the bad things that were coming out of Germany at the time - like eugenics - and how the effects of 1940s German ideology still has impact today such as the Frankfurt school. How can I convince such people that AS is for real?

There are a certain number of people around who deny that AS is a genuine condition and think that it is all made up and fabricated. Whenever I mention Hans Asperger's papers they make reference to all the bad things that were coming out of Germany at the time - like eugenics - and how tineffects of 1940s German ideology still has impact today such as the Frankfurt school. How can I convince such people that AS is for real?

The point is that you cant change peoples minds only be yourself and try not to need others approval to except your condition. In the eyes of the law its a disability and to except your own individuality you need to see they have their point of view be it missguided or not willing to see what it is. You have to find what makes you feel peaceful in your own life I think getting people yo except us is some yearsaway yet.

my experience is people have two levels canopus when it comes to comprehending us aspie's,

level one)

they are in a place in life where all they know is what they need (be that materially or emotionally.)

people like that will never get to the point where they care enough to even think about is aspie real?

all they care about is if we make them feel good, ticks their boxes, etc.

in short are we good enough to appear on their list of "useful mates". etc.

level two)

this is usually when Nt's have evolved. & have come into contact with aspies via someone who they care about. etc.

then it's different. it is then in their interests to understand and believe.

then they don't mind so much, and are more inclined to be tolerant to us aspie's,

I'm just typing in stuff at random here. I don't have any particular point to make.

one thing I do know from personal experience though is, I once had a friend, who thought aspies made up stuff, (as an excuse. etc.)

but then she had a kid, who was the aspie way (if you know what I mean.)

..and then all of sudden she didn't' disbelieve anymore?

all the best.