Titan

Hello Everyone

Im using the name Titan for now as ive just decided to use this forum even though I joined some time ago. I was diagnosed with Aspergers in July 2013 and it has had very negative effects since then. Ive lost my job and sufferd health concerns with depression anxiety and panic attacks worse than I had before I knew the reason for them. My case has shown that people knowing about the condition definitely change their views from just appearing odd to them to not wanting you around when they find out about the real reasonfor acting differently even within your own family. Ive learnt to keep my problems between myself and my doctor and not to bring them too much into the open. I feel ready now to take an active part in the forum and try to make some friends within a group that wont judge me for being different . I look forward to getting to know people here as time goes on.

I'm sorry to hear this, Titan. For me, I desperately need a diagnosis, and find the waiting very stressful and draining. If your diagnosis has caused others to treat you worse then that's their problem, not yours! Employers have a legal duty not to discriminate against Aspies. It's clear that you need support and you're not getting it. I'm in a similar position, and it's very hard work getting what we're legally entitled to under the Autism Act. No point having this law if it's being disregarded :(

I'm sorry to hear this, Titan. For me, I desperately need a diagnosis, and find the waiting very stressful and draining. If your diagnosis has caused others to treat you worse then that's their problem, not yours! Employers have a legal duty not to discriminate against Aspies. It's clear that you need support and you're not getting it. I'm in a similar position, and it's very hard work getting what we're legally entitled to under the Autism Act. No point having this law if it's being disregarded :([/quote

I totally agree it should be adhered to and there are far too many employers that seem to get away with anything they want to. I had a support worker with me throughout the proccess but there appears to be far too many loop holes in the current system but its all over now I just have to move forward now not back.

I hope your diagnosis goes ok for you and dont let my experience have any impact on your perception of the test. Ive heard of many cases where a diagnosis has changed a persons life for the better after finding out they were on the spectrum so take each day as it comes. I was just the same waiting for my test and it took many months to get there it was a struggle mixed in with anxiety and depression so I have some ideal of what your going through. Nice to meet you here look fardward to many conversations in the threads.