Laddo

Work experience dilemma

Recently the Jobcentre put me on some work experience working for them helping out customers on the computer. Yesterday I found out I also have to promote this new online 'work programme' devised by a company whose directors I strongly suspect are friends with top government officials. It is designed for 16-24 year olds and I have had to experience the online programme myself. Unfortunately, it is so patronising and cringeworthy and I fear all I am doing is being made to promote something to help a huge international business for free. I am honestly not sure I can go through with this - every moral fibre in my body is screaming 'no!'. The trouble is, if I refuse then my JSA will be stopped and I will have no money. I am actively looking for work but really need my JSA until I get a job. I am so torn - do I sell my soul to the government just to get JSA? Or do I listen to my conscience and back out?

Laddo, I would not worry about the job, its a job, it may not pay well, it at least means you get some work experience and keep the Job Centre people happy.

Conscience is an expensive luxury, too expensive for you at this time.

It is a simple fact of life, that the major sponsors of the ruling governing party get all sorts of rewards, running this or that scheme, important money making contracts. Retired politicians getting directorships. Nothing new, it has been going on long since before you were born.

If you back out, you lose benefit, your mother will chuck you out, the world will collapse for you. No one else will help you, and you will end up sleeping in a doorway being abused by all and sundry.

Yes, I have decided to continue with this. It is not paid work experience though - I just have to do it continue getting JSA.

However, while politicians have been paid off by large corporations since long before I was born (since long before any of us on here were born, in fact!), that is not to say that this won't change in the future. People are slowly but surely waking up to the injustice that is doled out on a regular basis by those in positions of authority. I'm hoping that within the next 20 years, things will be different

Nothing is likely to change, everything changes yet everything is still much the same.

Its best not take anything personally, government is totally impersonal and unconcerned for anyone other than those who are stake holders or would or could be stake holders in the scheme of things.

Those who promise better things, never deliver anything except misery. Failures include the Russian revolution, Hitlers Germany and so many others, it is too depressing to go on.

Individuals are ok, start grouping then things can get problematical, large masses very uncontrollable.

If you fancy commune living, it has been stated somewhere that these work at up to about 500 people, and start to go wrong over that. Its roughly the number anyone person could know reasonably well, thats a 'Normal Type', so thats most ASD's out of this little dream.

Nah, change will come. I have faith. There were probably women before the suffragette movement saying that they would never get the vote, never be able to work in the same jobs as men but things changed for them. Same goes for black people before the civil rights movement. Things are already starting to change, after all. More people than ever are questioning social injustice, more and more politicians are being publicly exposed for the vile scum that they are

Edited by Laddo

hi laddo,

just came across your thread here.

i'm glad you've decided to stick with the work experience,

for your own sake :-)

i don't really know you but i sense you've weighed the pro's and con's, and made the right choice.

i admire you for sticking with something you don't agree with, since you can see the bigger picture, regarding how it benefits yourself :-)

i'm not sure i share your optimism about how things will some day change?

it would be nice if it was so however :-)

all the best.

This is no more than I would expect its financial excommunication exactly the same process used when the people's worst fear was being excommunicated if they didn't do what they were told.

You must do what your told or we will pauperise you and leave you to beg for food and starve, if you said something similar to another person that would be blackmail but for governments it's called the law.

They can control what you have to do but until free speech is illegal and the country becomes a dictatorship then you can state opinions and be critical of policy.

Work yes but don't let them quieten you through fear, I have many disabilities and fears but express myself through written words.

I've suffered bullying intimidating actions all my life because I am autistic not political opinions but I won't let them stop me through fear, I have very little in life and even less self respect because of my disabilities.

Take away my views then there really is nothing left of value in life, I would say to anyone maintain your principles it's the only thing you do have that can't be taken away from you unless you give them away, then you have no value at all.

An excellent reply, Livelife! I feel just the same. The double standards of the NT world are beyond reason. They've even tried to change my personality to suit their flawed reasoning and current rule-book ideology, but my principles are an integral part of who I am - and existed long before their faddish ideology was born. Abandon them and I would be betraying myself. My experiences have taught me that they fear people with higher ethical principles than their own - which are very low and inconsistent. In fact, they fear people who are able to think for themselves.

An excellent reply, Livelife! I feel just the same. The double standards of the NT world are beyond reason. They've even tried to change my personality to suit their flawed reasoning and current rule-book ideology, but my principles are an integral part of who I am - and existed long before their faddish ideology was born. Abandon them and I would be betraying myself. My experiences have taught me that they fear people with higher ethical principles than their own - which are very low and inconsistent. In fact, they fear people who are able to think for themselves.

You couldn't be more right, people who think for themselves are a threat because a lot of the time maybe not all but the majority of cases people who deliberate see through the lies and attempted manipulation.

They have to demonise us and try somehow to belittle what we say through a label or conspiracy theorist accusations because if people took the time to look in detail then they would be exposed and be shown for what they are doing.

I know of people that really do care and do their very best but still can't see the obvious manipulation, I don't think that all people in government are like this just conditioned not to think just follow rules or do nothing through fear.

This links to the thread about eductation as long as our young people are conditioned in the right way they know no different and already to be indoctrinatied into the system as cannon fodder for those who really are responsible and manipulate everyone to promote their policies and unfairness throughout society.