Laddo

Dating site profile feedback

Okay I know I've already made a couple of threads about finding love and dating sites but hear me out. I just want some honest feedback on my profile description on an aspie dating site I'm part of:

Creative, understanding, fun-loving type of
guy looking for friendship and possibly more.
I have a good sense of humour, am a good
listener and pretty laid back. Looking for a
woman with similar personality and interests.
A love of art is a big plus!

Ladies, what would your initial impressions of me be based on this? I'm just getting tired of getting no responses to messages and wondering if it's my description or what. People tell me I'm fairly good looking so surely it can't be just looks alone... unless they're all lying to me to avoid hurting my feelings, of course. (I hate it when people do that.)

I probably now sound like a desperate mug but I'm just very tired of being single. Sometimes a guy just wants someone to hold, you know? My ex has said on many occasions that I have a lot to give but what's the point in having a lot to give if you have no one to give it to? Single life is just depressing for me.

So, can anyone help me? Please?

Edited by Laddo

I find that profile very appealing. It's modest, sounds honest and no red warning signs hidden away! I can't understand why it's being ignored. Maybe the site lacks visitors.

I enjoy the freedom of being single. Maybe I'm selfish! But I do like someone to hold occasionally (gender immaterial) and have a few friends who I feel comfortable over receiving/giving hugs.

That was exactly how I was trying to portray myself but maybe that's just not what the kind of guy most women want. Or maybe I'm just ugly. I wish no one had told me I'm good looking now - so-called 'white lies' like that just make things worse for people. What a horrible, depressing thought.

I wish I could enjoy being single. But I feel incomplete without a partner. I feel like half of me is missing and it almost hurts. I get on much better with aspie women than men anyway and basically never seeing women socially makes things all the harder. I don't feel able to let out my (many) more 'feminine' traits around male friends without fear of being bullied for it.

Deleted comment as was nothing more than a pointless rant

Edited by Laddo

It would be nice to get some more feedback on this... I mean why view the topic if you're not even gonna reply to it?