Laddo

Need to move away but can't afford it - help

I try to keep going with my life but keep smashing in to dead ends. It happens time and time again. Nothing ever seems to work out.

Now I'm beginning to think the area I live is in holding me back MASSIVELY. The mental health services around here are seriously lacking. There's no NAS branch anywhere near me, no Remploy branch, no nothing. It's near impossible to get a GP appointment urgently. The majority of jobs advertised are for HGV drivers, 360 excavator operators and salespeople. None of which I can do. I'm also part of a dating site for autistic people which seems to have NO active members anywhere near me so I can't even find love. Kent is a dump, well and truly. I hate it so very much. There's nothing for me here. I feel so trapped and helpless in this ****hole.

Sooooo, the obvious solution here would be to move. But I can't, because I have no money because I can't find a job. Any advice on how to get out of this place would be very gratefully received.

Edited by Laddo

I try to keep going with my life but keep smashing in to dead ends. It happens time and time again. Nothing ever seems to work out.

Now I'm beginning to think the area I live is in holding me back MASSIVELY. The mental health services around here are seriously lacking. There's no NAS branch anywhere near me, no Remploy branch, no nothing. It's near impossible to get a GP appointment urgently. The majority of jobs advertised are for HGV drivers, 360 excavator operators and salespeople. None of which I can do. I'm also part of a dating site for autistic people which seems to have NO active members anywhere near me so I can't even find love. Kent is a dump, well and truly. I hate it so very much. There's nothing for me here. I feel so trapped and helpless in this ****hole.

Sooooo, the obvious solution here would be to move. But I can't, because I have no money because I can't find a job. Any advice on how to get out of this place would be very gratefully received.

Same here about reaching brick walls. Despite the bland reassurances of the Autism Act, we are still being badly let down in many ways. That law, like so many others, is hardly worth the vellum* it's written on! It seems that mental health services are very much a postcode lottery. Even children on the autism spectrum are suffering very badly and being let down by schools time and time again. Adults get the worst deal of all.

Years ago I was always on the move trying to find somewhere that suited me. I never found it and have now settled into a rather uncomfortable compromise brought about by accident rather than by design. At last knowing waht my 'problem' is, I now find myself more content than I've ever been, and I have all I need - except the support I need in executive function, something I just can't help. I'm lucky in that I'm not caught up in the desperate seeking of work, which would make my life even more difficult. I think we're all very disillusioned with the way society treats us. I feel it would prefer us to just go away and suffered in silence.

(* Alone in the world the British government still insanely insists on writing its laws on expensive goat skin. As a vegetarian and iconoclast I find this archaic practice pretty repulsive and quite unnecessary. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/502342.stm )

I'm seriously getting to the point where it feels like moving north or west and living rough would be a better option than what I have now. I'm all too aware of the fact that my parents don't understand just how much I suffer from social anxiety and really could not last long in the types of jobs that are heavily advertised in Kent. As a result of this, I'm feeling less and less welcome in the family home and I'm getting worried that I may not even have a choice in sleeping rough. I keep ending up missing Jobcentre appointments because my anxiety gets too bad and whenever my parents find out about this, it's always the same sigh-and-tut type of reaction. I know I need to go on ESA rather than JSA but I can't do it alone. I'm seeing a doctor tomorrow to hopefully get a doctor's note saying I can't work in certain jobs and thus need to go on ESA, so this may help but could also fall through. I'm really desperate.