The Guardian's work agony uncle has offered advice to an unemployed graduate awaiting an Asperger diagnosis. I've posted a comment as ID439467.

Dear Jeremy - your work issues solved

Interesting. I don't think much of Jeremy's response - it seems kind of generic advice. It's good to see you informing people that NAS probably isn't the best route to go down for employment advice. It's a real shame that they only offer advice to employers now. There's far too much focus these days on helping employers rather than helping individuals

It's good to see you informing people that NAS probably isn't the best route to go down for employment advice. It's a real shame that they only offer advice to employers now.

Unless you live in Glasgow - but as Jeremy only gave the NAS's London address, I more or less assumed that the OP lived nearer to the latter.

More readers' comments available to view here - quite a lot of discussion about the merits of computer programming as a career option for Aspies.

Edited by Aeolienne

There's a fleeting mention of autism in Jeremy's latest column: Dear Jeremy 20/12/14

That latest one is a little dodgy if you ask me. Jeremy suggests the troublesome colleague has 'low-level' autism, but to me it doesn't sound like the guy has it at all. It's very worrying how common these misconceptions are about autism, especially as thousands of people will read Jeremy's response and assume his misinformation about autism is correct.

It does strike me as a bit hypocritical of Jeremy that he questions one reader's self-diagnosis of Asperger's but is quite happy to play amateur psychologist on second-hand information.