Sign in to follow this  
dekaspace

Been told not entitled to carers(yet old local authority gave me 6 hours a week)

I was assessed 3 years ago for aspergers and told I had it, had to wait till DLA claim was sorted but social worker got me carers though they were useless not turning up or just being lazy or even turning up for 2 minutes but being paid for 2 hours.

The reason they were there was part motivation and part to help me with tasks as I am scatterbrained or just struggle to understand i.e I will eat takeaways as though I can cook I either lack motivation or I feel tired or cant get in frame of mind, also especially at old house I may not of left house for days at a time(or just went to corner shop) so it was to help me get into a routine and to make simple tasks like cooking feel natural to me rather than stressful or me put them off.

Moved June last year but didnt get a social worker till September due to old social worker not passing on my file, I had a visit then and discussed needs and mentioned carers/helpers was told I was get them but it may take 2 or 3 months,

Heard nothing so rang 2 weeks ago and social worker said she would see me yesterday, when she came round she was friendly but said based on what I said to her such as I physically can get out of bed, can leave the house, can wash myself or cook and can clean up(though she didnt mention the clutter) that meant I didnt need carers but she would get someone to help me get back into work because she thinks that will mean I get more self esteem and make friends, I did bite my lip as have worked before and been to college but I can honestly say since I left home 15 years ago I made 3 good friends and fell out with one about 5 years ago and other 2 live in different parts of the UK(and one is a bit annoying and I think has signs of autism himself and feels like a little brother who annoys me) so getting a job wont mean I have friends, it may mean I have people to talk to and maybe a pint now and again but from past experience(and that was before I had severe depression) I had no friends at work or college just some I had shared intrests with that I may speak to in staff room but dont know their phone number or go drinking with them

Just a little annoyed that I havent got carers because they judged need on what I can do no matter how difficult it may be to do it.

The threshold at which people meet social services eligibility is getting harder and harder from central government cuts, I had to flight social services LD department for a increase in hours after being sectioned twice and having a serious psychiatric diagnosis, I know receive a 39 hour a week support package.