Sign in to follow this  
KezT

Does anyone have an ECHP yet?

Has anyone actually seen one of the new ECHP's in practice yet? how did it all work and would you mind sharing what it looks like?

Thanks

We've just had the annual review, and asked for one. Now waiting for the response.

It should be exactly the same as a Statement. But medical needs are also included. And if those medical needs impact on education, then they need to be in the educational section [same as SALT input being in part 3 and not just part 6].

We still don't have a decision letter from our Local Authority from the 2014 Annual Review!! So even if we get no response from this review, I can push them for a Decision from 2014, and that should give us the right to appeal the outcome of that Decision.

How ridiculous this whole system is.

we had his AR in January, then another just recently (bought forward so we would have documentation in time to put in college applications). Not had any new paperwork through from either yet, so mstill only got his Statement which is a couple of years old now.....

College is stating all students must have ECHP prior to enrolling. LA is saying they are behind with the paperwork - they give deadlines but happily ignore them:/

There will have to be some fair few changes from his S/M to ECHP - not least because he will be changing settings, and passing the age of 16 soon.....

well, the date finally arrived. I took the day off work. Set cover work the DAY BEFORE my class sits their maths GCSE exam! Traipsed 75mins accross country in the freezing rain to attend sons ECHP meeting at his school today. Sat in reception for 5 mins to be told the LA aren't coming so the whole thing is cancelled (the school haven't even seem LA's ECHP paperwork yet!) and will have to be rescheduled>:(

Traipsed back through the freezing rain for another 75mins and arrived back at work just as the lunch bell went:(

REALLY, really pissed off! And I'm going to have to do it all again when they rearrange, which will really, REALLY, off work:/

Can I bill them for the petro, do you think? Can work (same LA as the one who didn't turn up) bill them for the cover?

Still waiting for our son's EHCP to be finalised over a year later!!

Hopefully should happen soon.

We had similar. Turned up to the Annual Review, expecting the LA/School had sought all the advice they needed and had the EHCP ready. Actually the LA had done nothing. And then said it was the school's responsibility to put together the EHCP. Which is untrue.

So now we are a year down the line.

I've not pushed for them to finalise earlier because I want CBT therapy in for my son's OCD. And it is finally starting to happen. CAMHS needed alot of work to quantify and specify and I didn't want LA to finalise so I had to appeal to SEND yet again for CBT input.

I did lodge a complaint with the LGO, and the LA have responded with lies about having amended and finalised the Statement in 2014 and 2015. They haven't. We and school are still working from one dated 2011. So LGO initially said there was no evidence to uphold my complaint. Now i've set the record straight, and have asked for copies of this 'imaginary' documentation that no-one has seen.

Hope you are further down the line since January.

Our LA has also dumped it on the school(s) to put together, but at least they did turn up to the second meeting. On the plus side, the school is on side so we have batted it back and forth between us for a while and will present a pretty finalised version to the LA;)

At work we have the same issue - the LA (sometimes) turns up to the meeting, then expects the school to do all the paperwork:/ We have sent several in now and the LA doesn't seem inclined to disagree with whatever we say, which is promising, although we haven't asked for anything very interesting yet;)

You could lodge a complaint with the Local Governments Ombudsman. I have.

The LGO did NOT find in our favour initially, because the LA told them a pack of lies, including that they have amended and finalised his Statement or issued Decision letters every year at the Annual Review and that they had finalised the EHCP in April.

Well it still is not finalised!! So I complained to the LGO again, with the same complaint and asked the LGO to find out WHY the LA lied to them about having carried out Annual Reviews and having completed the EHCP when both we and his school are still working from a Statement finalised in 2011? I asked them for copies of any amended Statement or any Decision Letters following an AR from 2011 onwards, because we have not received any.

LGO have phoned me and are going to investigate again. I specifically asked them to find out WHY the LA had lied and given them false information.

I don't know that anything will come of it. We have complained before and LGO found in our favour and fined the LA and ordered them to pay that fine to us.

So I think it is worth lodging a complaint. Not for the money. But because having lodged a complaint things tend to start moving on the LA side.

I believe that there is still a timeframe within which an EHCP should be finalised. Same as previously for Statements. However LA's are not keeping to it.