Sign in to follow this  
Special_talent123

New diagnosis: Fibromyalgia

So i just found out the doctor has been talking about fibromyalgia, the last time i went to see my doctor about my physical health was during the doctors surgery walk in clinic as an emergency as a lot is going on she told me that my anxiety is making my physical health worse so i was put on naproxen, omeprazole and amitriptyline for a few weeks. It came by few days ago i had to have an annual health check up by the doctor as people with learning disabilities have to have them yearly to find out that they wanted to discuss about my physical and emotional health.

First of all during her seeing that im quite bendy because of my hypermobility syndrome, and her pressing on my tendon points and feeling my stomach she then after talked my blood pressure which was normal but said the last doctor has been mentioning fibromyalgia now i was thinking does she mean that she been speaking to the other doctors about it or was she saying it subtlely at me?

So she has decided as i have had a positive response over the amitriptyline for my mood in evening and slept well on it that she is going to let me continue with it at night and will review me in 5 weeks.

But that same day i went to do some baking with the people i am supporting and they could see how much pain it was causing me to manage that - all the stiring etc to point i needed frequent sit downs, but was becoming faint and all that. It was to point where yesterday i had a complete fibro flare and im still stuck in bed. How does anyone manage to eat during there fibro flares? I can get ready to eat cooked cold chicken and have salad or prawns or whatever that does not use the use of a cooker but sometimes u just get so stuck in the bed but have to get out of bed for the loo but when u need to do washing up its taking alot of effort to manage and do a simply thing

Also she agreed to come of gluten totally no test is showing coeliac disease but probably have a gluten sensitivity but seeing gastro is good idea too because they can figure out what could be going on.

I'm sorry to hear all that. My brother was almost certainly on the spectrum. We were both 'misfits' and unusual - although in very different ways. He also suffered from fibromyalgia which was often very debilitating. Since learning about autism, I've discovered that there's a significant correlation between Asperger's and fibromyalgia.

I am not sure what the word correlation means? Do u know the side for just autism and fibromyalgia then? I went through aspergers assessments as a kid and it came back that i do not have aspergers but that i have mid functioning autism with a far lot of health issues

Why is that link referring to autism as a disease? I know i have some autoimmune issues, i flush up quite a bit. I have hypermobility syndrome only they are referring to me as bendy with arthritis too .

I can tell when its a fibro flare up and when im having an arthritis flare up. Either way its really painful. That same day when she touched my neck pain set off in my back in a certain area however she has discovered that i am really bendy.

That same day i was in so much agony baking that i had a bad flare up the next day really stiff and having lots of shooting pains unable to cook for the past 3 days stuck in my bed and now discovered ive come on 7 days early which i dont know why? I hear there is an link with fibro and periods causing more pain to the fibro? That day i was baking i totally forgot to read the instructions that it all went slightly wrong was having a 'fibro fog'

But when i was about 18 i was told i had muscle inflammation ive been suffering since around 16 years old but i did not think muscle inflammation was a word? But now 25 years old and have been told its Fibromyalgia, and arthritis last year.

The only down side to fibromyalgia is there is no blood test, and it was always referred to as in your head. But i was going to them a lot of the time, not saying what it was as i knew it but now finally they say it without me even saying it finally im not being made like its in my head.

I just wish there was something that would take away all the pain. I have been pretty fatigue for the past few days that ive been sleeping all day and still been sleeping and waking up for a few hours then falling back to sleep