penny23465

update on my daughter's diagnosis

Finally after 16yrs of trying, someone actually listened!! My daughter had her assessment last Tuesday and already I have received the report and diagnosis. She does indeed have ASD and according to the report it is quite a high level and she needs a huge amount of support in all areas.

I am so grateful to doctor Liley for seeing her and for all her advice. Hopefully we can now move forward and get her all the help and support she needs. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from me.

I think maybe schools should take note and realise, don't label a child a naughty child and kick them out of school, look a little deeper and listen to the parents. If this had happened in my daughters case she could have got the help she needed years ago!!

Im glad your daughter has finally got the help she needs but I feel this is something all too common in todays school's. Even with the greater knowledge that there is it still isnt getting through to a lot of schools as to the needs of some pupils even Doctors dont appear to recognise all the signs. Like you said it took sixteen years to get this far, when I was younger I dont think it was even heard of at least now there is more awarness its getting it to be take more seriously when parents such as yourself raise their concerns about their children.

I'm so pleased to hear the good news, Penny. :clap:

Maybe now things will start to get better at last. At least the diagnosis came decades earlier than mine. I agree with Livelife about unenlightened schools and inadequately-trained doctors. It's all very much a matter of luck and being able to persist. Many parents/carers unfortunately give up too soon, and allow themselves to be fobbed off - which causes so many problems in the future. This just isn't right.

Congratulations!

I'm so pleased to hear the good news, Penny. :clap:

Maybe now things will start to get better at last. At least the diagnosis came decades earlier than mine. I agree with Livelife about unenlightened schools and inadequately-trained doctors. It's all very much a matter of luck and being able to persist. Many parents/carers unfortunately give up too soon, and allow themselves to be fobbed off - which causes so many problems in the future. This just isn't right.

Congratulations!

There will be like you said a lot of problems in the future for a lot of parents and their children. I just hope that things will gradually change for the better as more people begin to realise the problems in getting the diagnosis and support thats needed.

Congratulations it's autism :) hope you get post diagnostic support.