trekster

Sexuality discussion

This topic has been created for people to openly discuss sexuality matters. All types of sexuality will be respected whether gay, straight, bi or asexual. Please respect peoples right to privacy regarding their sexuality.

All types forgot to put (but not limited to) in the post. Provided the conversation remains respectful.

An important thread. I have a lot to say about asexuality (and sexuality in general) but it will have to wait for a while.

I have a number of asexual friends and find them easygoing and great to be around. They tend to avoid alcohol and enjoy cake.

Being asexual myself, I enjoy mixing with asexual people for they present no sexual threat towards me. I know several asexual aspies. As for the cake/alcohol things, that certainly applies to me! :)

Im not asexual but somewhat dysphoric regarding gender

Im not gay or trans, but never felt much in common with manly men football or beer drinking

I am more feminine than most people notice. People saycim very manly and obviously straight but feel sometimesnat least it might be morecaccuratevto describe me as a lesbian woman in a mans body??

If that makes any sense

Il never be a womam and would never do surgery bit can understand tovsome degree how people in this situation might feel

Confusing isnt it

Anyway, here at least we are all aspies and thankfully only get generalised as such

Perhaps the sexuality spectrum is more complex than the autism spectrum!

Anyone reading and suffering, please remember that being different IS normal and that no body is riggt to say we are wrong!

Be yourself be amazing

There is a gender discussion thread as well. If you wanted treatment for your gender you can be referred by your gp to a gender identity clinic of your choice.

Also you can legally use and toilet and change your name to anything you want within reason. You can't call yourself a lord or a queen.

Im not sure I feel it necessary

Im happy being me

Just saying regards to gender identity perhaps an amount of duplicity...or blurring

However this perception may also be blurred due to commonplace gender stereotypes

Im happy now, just sharing for the purpose of helping others more confused...

I do remember feeling I had something in the way as a child. ..but perhaps in the next life...

Mainstream stereotypes are cruel anyway

There is much colour between the black and white boxes they expect everyone to adhere to

I guess my insides are me

Just the outside connectors are alternate polarity in a similar way to aspie/NT. ..

Très confusement

There is help out there for gender issues if you wish to seek it. Maybe an online forum or discussion group could help.

This is all fascinating - what I'm hearing here is that "My body is my body but I don't hugely identify with either side." Is that about right?

I'm actually hoping to find some books on Autism and Sexuality/Sexual Relationships. Does anyone know of any?

There is at least one about aspergers and sexuality buy not on aspergers and gender.

Hester...

Is your query regarding your own personal condition or is it for science project?