Confused Traveller

10 Month Wait Now 12 Months

I was put on the waiting list last December, and when I spoke to them in January I was told there was a 10 month wait for an appointment. Someone has just followed this up on my behalf, and has been told it's likely to be December. It was starting to feel like I just had weeks to go, but now it feels like I'm back to being half way. If the wait has grown by two months since January, how can I be sure it won't be delayed further? I can't move on until I get an answer.

Can the person who discovered when you're likely to be seen find out what the cause of the delay is and support you in the meantime with the in limbo anxiety?

She's from, or rather is, Carmarthenshire Adult Autism Advice, and can't provide much support as she doesn't have the resources she'd like. I e-mailed her to say I wasn't happy, so will have to see how she responds.

I'm just really stuck, as I think I got into the situation I'm in because I wasn't aware of the potential Aspergers, and I feel I need to be sure it's what the problem is before maybe deciding on drastic action to resolve it. The type of support that's been suggested so far doesn't seem satisfactory, so I've been trying to stick it out until I get an appointment.

AsdinfoWales.Co.uk is the website which could give you an idea of what you can do in the meantime eg do you need a diagnosis to be put in touch with other aspergers in your area. Also autismcymru which was funded by the Welsh government last time I looked. There's also an online conference awares where I found out about my degree course.