Sign in to follow this  
tanyab

Approved study - Exploring the experiences of pregnancy, birth and early parenting for individuals with Autism

My name is Tanya Burton and I am a Trainee Psychologist studying at Staffordshire University. Fro my research thesis I am exploring the experiences of pregnancy, birth and early parenting for expectant parents with autism. As you may be aware there is a limited amount of research about the experiences of expectant parents with autism, particularly around pregnancy, birth and parenting. This study aims to explore these experiences and develop a greater understanding of the sensory, physical, emotional and social differences that an individual with ASD may experience at these times. Exploring these experiences could lead to improved understanding by healthcare professionals and contribute to a more tailored, individual approach during pregnancy, birth and early parenting.

I am looking to meet with expectant parents who are at least six months pregnant and who either have a diagnosis of autism or who identify with that diagnosis. I would like to meet with you twice. First whilst you are pregnant to talk about pregnancy and what that is like. Secondly, after you have had the baby to talk about the birth and being a parent.

Interviews will last 60-90 minutes and are audio recorded. We can meet at your home or somewhere nearby where you feel comfortable.

For further information please contact me on b030770c@student.staffs.ac.uk or on 07709 811491.

Best wishes,

Tanya

Hi,

This project has changed due to the difficulties in finding individuals who are able to take part in the study.

I am looking to meet with individuals who identify with the diagnosis of ASD and who have given birth and parented a child. There will be one interview that lasts 60-90 minutes and will be audio recorded. I will ask you about your experiences of pregnancy, birth and parenting.

For further information please contact me on on b030770c@student.staffs.ac.uk or on 07709 811491.

Best wishes,

Tanya

Edited by tanyab